• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mamoru Nagano's Gothicmade Film Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
I can't believe it's finally coming out after all this time!! Nunc dimittis.
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty sharp, which I guess makes sense because it's taken so long for it to even get a release Laughing
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Not believing it til I've seen it.

I've been trolled and trolled time and time again.

Not falling for it again.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
Veteran Maria Kawamura voicing main female character?

Good to know even older seiyuus can voice younger people.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Not believing it til I've seen it.

I've been trolled and trolled time and time again.

Not falling for it again.

Hahahaha!!! Yeah, it's been a while since Mamoru Nagano had anything done from his world of anorexic people, skinny middle robots that are so ornate that if you had to ask, you couldn't afford one. Well, at least he's getting something done, unlike Cameron.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Where do I pre-order?

LOL. I'll count myself lucky if this is even legally streamed anywhere...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Where do I pre-order?

Movies don't get legally streamed often, and if they do it's several years later. Then adding on the Mamoru Nagano factor, and it's highly unlikely even more unless he sets up his own service for it.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
Where do I pre-order?

Movies don't get legally streamed often, and if they do it's several years later. Then adding on the Mamoru Nagano factor, and it's highly unlikely even more unless he sets up his own service for it.

Yeah, I realize that hence the "I'll count myself lucky" part of what I said before. I mainly posted to illustrate that this is a title I would support ($$) if someone decided to license it. Maybe Sentai, since they have been known to license movies, might get this one down the road. i hope.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Yeah, I realize that hence the "I'll count myself lucky" part of what I said before. I mainly posted to illustrate that this is a title I would support ($$) if someone decided to license it. Maybe Sentai, since they have been known to license movies, might get this one down the road. i hope.

Possibly. They do still hold the license for FSS, and my hope is that they get the BD and break their BD/dub rule, since there is none.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Some of the designs, the peculiar title, the creators curious reputation and my interest in seeing more theatrical animation make me a little curious about this. This trailer didn't particularly arouse my interest, although its technical merits are alluring. It probably would be nice if this were to come to America, even if the chances are a touch remote.

Does anybody know what this is about? I'd swear that I read a summary once, but now that I think of it, I can't for the life of me recall where or what it was.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
It's been about six or so years since this was featured in NewType magazine, so I can hardly remember the summary either. Something about certain families having the ability to pass down memories and knowledge genetically through the female line, and those females being keepers of their tribe's history or something. That's what Berin is supposed to be. I don't know how the awesome-looking robots fit into it though . . .

Edit

From MAL:

On a tiny colony world named Carmine, young women known as Songstresses inherit the generation memories of those who came before them, using their knowledge to help a populace that suffers under the harsh policies of the ruling interplanetary league.

Newly reborn as a Songstress, 16-year-old Bellin Ajelli sets off a holy pilgrimage across the planet. Rumors of a possible terrorist attack result in Prince Truhallon of the militant Donau Empire being sent in to protect her, but his very presence is the antithesis of everything Bellin stands for. The two are as different as night and day, but they're stuck together until they reach the capital.
sepherest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Some of the designs, the peculiar title, the creators curious reputation and my interest in seeing more theatrical animation make me a little curious about this.

If you haven't seen The Five Star Stories film adaptation yet or read some of the manga you might want to check those out.
If you like those you'll probably like this movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1