• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Little Busters! Anime Visuals Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Meygaera wrote:
Was the visual novel ever licensed in NA? Was it ever translated to English? I've been meaning to try it out, legally, if possible.

Not officially, but it was fan translated in December. Key is against localizing their stuff for whatever reason (stated it in an interview before), so its the best you'll get.

Its more due to the fact they want a shit load of money for the licensing fees and with the VN industry being so niche noone can afford localizing them. I cant remember if it was jast or mangamer but one of them said they'd try again at localizing them once the industry gets better.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
...once the industry gets better.

I uhh, can't wait for that to happen. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat with angst and anticipation burning in my eyes.

On less sarcastic and more positive note. Judging by how Corpse Party and 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors were fairly successful (although not very "key" like novels) I could MAYBE see us getting more visual novels on this side of the planet. At least we are getting Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, hurray!
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
opn wrote:
...once the industry gets better.

I uhh, can't wait for that to happen. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat with angst and anticipation burning in my eyes.

On less sarcastic and more positive note. Judging by how Corpse Party and 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors were fairly successful (although not very "key" like novels) I could MAYBE see us getting more visual novels on this side of the planet. At least we are getting Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, hurray!

Hopefully, then someone can take the chance of one of the best visual novels made in the last few years - 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2