• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzer.time

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
This would be very entertaining if they didn't use the word pedophilia every other sentence...

Lolicon people, get a life. Preferably with someone your own age.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
NanayaDestruct wrote:
stuff

mr. destruct, you are on an internet forum defending lolicon. you are not looking for reasoned discourse to debunk your insane theories on how it's ok to pop a chub over pre-teens because HISTORY. if you would like to read such an argument, i would actually recommend reading Nabokov's Lolita, if you haven't already and i doubt you have, because it actually shows rather explicitly (and beautifully) why those sorts of relationships don't work, and the sort of sociopathic behavior that attracts otherwise reasonable men to such things in the first place. of course, that's all in the subtext, which means you have to, like, think hard about words and stuff.

my point, along with Nabokov's point, is that it's a SEXUAL THING, not a lifestyle, and a potentially very dangerous one. but he and i are not prudes in the slightest, so whatever gets you off at night, whatever man, so long as nobody's getting hurt or taken advantage of. your immense love of lolicon and full-body f*** pillows doesn't bother me personally in the slightest, because i have better things to do with my time than wonder how some sexually frustrated loser expresses his innermost desires. but i along with the rest of the internet would prefer if you kept those innermost desires, um, innermost, because when you don't, we are all going to laugh at you.

meanwhile, you've constructed the Great Wall of Logic inside your own skull that deflects any and all criticism, be it perfectly rational or not, because You are Rubber and We are Glue, et al.

that's all i'm gonna say on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
while NanayaDestruct's offerings were a little more rewarding than the other loli guy's, i still have to side with hometeam on this one and say that while there are more social forms of expressing your sexual desire (furries, bondange, ect) that actually require you to be social to act on them...lolita isn't one of them you CAN ACT ON so why bother with trying to be accepted? Keep your dirty little secrets just that!

So my advice to you guys is to quit focusing on getting socialized and mainstream so much as working on ways to distribute materials because if you think lolicon is going to be accepted by general anime communities anytime soon you are sadly sadly mistaken.

also searching on anime forums for validation and justification that your fetish is fine isn't a worthwhile pursuit.

i can go wherever i like but my secret deep love of Pluto Nash will never be vindicated. really, IT WASNT THAT BAD!

fawhooosh!
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
...made me so I don’t care! These are the results...

Do you have any percentage on how many people here think you an eedeeot?
NanayaDestruct

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quote
@LordByronius. Oh no, I have been insulted directly by someone. What should I do? Actually, I feel less of a desire to respond to you personally now that you have gone down to the level of simple name-calling in your arguments, but I'll make one or two points. The first point is that dakimakura are not "f*** pillows" as they are not meant to be used like that nor can they actually be used like that since it's just a pillow with a picture on it. Perhaps you are confusing them with a sex doll or something? I use my dakimakura to hug as I fall asleep. Because it's comfortable and I like the picture on it. Also, I have in fact read Lolita. Continue reading my post if you want the reason why all of your points using Lolita are invalid.

@bat-shit-crazy-troll. You are mixing me and Akemi into one person, which we are not.

@FlamingPinecone. I never personally came here to randomly defend lolicon and become accepted to everyone in the world. However, if you have something that you enjoy and it is directly being attacked and mocked by people then I feel you have every right to join in on the conversation and share your opinions as well. Freedom of speech gives us the right to do so just as much as it gives you all the right to call everyone who likes lolicon sick and crazy. But if you don't want people coming and saying they disagree with you then avoid from making the statements in the first place.

@Akemi. Personal advice from me to you, man. You should stop getting so worked up when people say things you don't like. Try to calm down and respond in a calm and collective manner. Take a look at what I did above. LordByronius began directly and indirectly attacking me. But rather than get angry and start threatening him or telling him he has no right to insult me, I just made a sarcastic remark and moved on. I'm not about to let Faceless Internet Man #474730 get to me. I'm already here to defend something I enjoy that is getting mocked, I don't intend to let it go beyond that very much. The way you behave only makes them look down on you more. If you feel you don't need to prove yourself or anything to them, then ignore them in the first place.

@Everyone. Take a look at how I started the part of my post that was defending the morality/past of 13+ having sex. I said "Since I can view things from both sides of an argument when I am in one". Shouldn't this tell you that I am on the other side of that particular argument, meaning that I don't really think older people should be having sex with younger children? I didn't want to get too heavily into me personally as I wanted to focus more on the subject of lolicon alone, but I am not attracted to real children. It's a completely different thing than being attracted to animated teens and pre-teens. Maybe it isn't to you because you are attracted to neither, but for once why don't you try to " view things from both sides of an argument when [you are] in one".
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Aren't you guys tired of picking on Akemi yet? Those of you pelting him with one-liners and links to comics you're not clever enough to create on your own are being neither clever nor alleviating the problem, but rather, exacerbating it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I think it's about time for Zac to get rid of all of these werido trolls.
@NanayaDestruct
I know you're trying to sound like the sane lolicon fan but you only succeed in sounding like you learned how to use proper grammar unlike Mr. USDL
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Aren't you guys tired of picking on Akemi yet? Those of you pelting him with one-liners and links to comics you're not clever enough to create on your own are being neither clever nor alleviating the problem, but rather, exacerbating it.

"Picking on"? I like how you frame him as some kind of victim here.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
NanayaDestruct wrote:
I didn't want to get too heavily into me personally as I wanted to focus more on the subject of lolicon alone, but I am not attracted to real children. It's a completely different thing than being attracted to animated teens and pre-teens. Maybe it isn't to you because you are attracted to neither, but for once why don't you try to " view things from both sides of an argument when [you are] in one".

Most people won't believe you when you say that, they'll assume it's just an excuse you are making up to try and defend yourself. It does seem that pretty much every person who ever admits to liking lolicon includes that caveat, that they aren't attracted to real children. It's kind of hard to believe that all of them are telling the truth. And a lot of people don't believe it's even possible for someone to be attracted to one and not the other.

But I think it is possible. I mean, some people apparantly get so obsessed with anime characters that they don't even find any real women very attractive anymore (or so I always hear), and some people find the very idea of being attracted to any cartoon character odd. So you got some people who just aren't attracted to any anime characters, and some who aren't attracted to any real people, though the latter is probably very rare. That alone shows that at least in some cases, attraction to real people and attraction to similiar anime characters don't always go hand in hand.

Some traits someone might find attractive in an anime character they might not find attractive in a real person, and vice versa. For example, half the hair colors and hair styles that I don't mind on anime characters would look ugly on a real person, in my mind. And don't get me started on the build of some characters; I bet a lot of women who like CLAMP designs would be utterly freaked out by a real person with such proportions.

And regardless of how realistic an artstyle an anime has, the people don't look quite the same as real people, whether they be adults or children or whatever, and sexual attraction is a complicated enough thing where I find it easy to believe that there are some people who find loli anime characters attractive, but not real children. Just like I am sure there are people who find real children attractive but who don't find loli anime characters attractive.

So I'll take you at your word for now, but don't expect many people here to believe you.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
NanayaDestruct wrote:
I use my dakimakura to hug as I fall asleep.

i laughed forever
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
The quote about Frank Marlen is one that stuck in my head for a while, too. Smile

Heh, maybe Brian should work that into his play. From reading the review it sounds like it would fit right in.

Oh and congratulations Brian on your play by the way. Sounds like the writing was well received. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
NanayaDestruct wrote:
Maybe it isn't to you because you are attracted to neither, but for once why don't you try to " view things from both sides of an argument when [you are] in one".

Y'know, back on page 5, I did ask an honest, sincere question- what exactly am I supposed to be thinking when I click through to these sites and immedately encounter young anime girls in their underpants (a recent re-check reveals erotically posed nudes as well.) Neither you or Mr. Akemi has answered me yet. I would still like to know.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
NanayaDestruct wrote:
Maybe it isn't to you because you are attracted to neither, but for once why don't you try to " view things from both sides of an argument when [you are] in one".

Y'know, back on page 5, I did ask an honest, sincere question- what exactly am I supposed to be thinking when I click through to these sites and immedately encounter young anime girls in their underpants (a recent re-check reveals erotically posed nudes as well.) Neither you or Mr. Akemi has answered me yet. I would still like to know.

That they are lolicons. That is what you should think I guess. Anyone besides an anime fan would call it pedophilia but as a fellow anime fan you are supposed to know better. I have to wonder though, because they seem to need all this acceptance and validation I mean wouldn't most people into loli not scream it it all over forums and get so hostile when people have another opinion if they were so confident that they simply liked looking at drawn lolis
panzer.time

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas, if you read the second comic, at least if you read it the way I read it, you'd see that I'm trying to say that the best way to deal with people like Akemi and Destruction that just kind of precipitate flame wars out of nowhere is to ignore them. Unless, of course, you like flame wars.

And so what if I'm not clever enough to make a strip like that? I'm clever enough to see that it applies, right? I feel satisfied with myself.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9