• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:48 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Lets recap: When you're not having sex with your 14 year old 'girlfriend' you enjoy looking at sexual drawings of even younger girls. Don't you think it's maybe time to put two and two together and realize that you are attracted to children AKA are a pedophile?

Forget my previous post, I have all the info I need. I hate being blind.

I have to wonder....did you turn 18 this year or are you going on 19?
Does she turn 15 this year?

And this question is to everyone:
What if the person turned 18 while they were having relations with a minor....if they've already consummated the relationship does that mean they can go to jail?

Last edited by britannicamoore on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:54 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm not defending his actions i'm just pointing these things out. If he's over 19 then it's not legal.

And this also is my assume he's in the US because of the USDL. If he's not then that opens up a bigger can and worms depending on the country.

Eighteen and Virginia.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm not defending his actions i'm just pointing these things out. If he's over 19 then it's not legal.

And this also is my assume he's in the US because of the USDL. If he's not then that opens up a bigger can and worms depending on the country.

Eighteen and Virginia.

Ah! But the minimum age is 15. I see what there saying

So even if they're both minors in when the relationship is consummated its still not ok?

Another thing: The law is major, and breaking it could have him face jail time. But if their parents are alright with it..?

Sorry for all the questions....I'm a bit lost when it comes to things like this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
According to NanayaDestruct, who claims they know Akemi Loli Mokoto, they doubt there is a relationship between him (Akemi) and a fourteen-year-old girl:

NanayaDestruct wrote:
While I can't say anything about Akemi's (COUGHlieCOUGH statement on having a relationship with a 14 year old girl.

I don't know who's telling the truth. But I do know that the mince and cheese pie I'm currently eating is delicious. In other words, don't put too much stock in Akemi's rantings, just ignore him and enjoy life.

. . . . . .

Yum, that was scrumptious. You Yanks don't know what you are missing. I almost starved to death while I was over in the States for a few weeks. Just thought I'd mention that.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quote
NanayaDestruct wrote:
You know, I'm not even going to try and defend Akemi at this point. He does have every right to respond back to him being mocked here, though. I would have much rather seen him behave differently though as right now all he is doing is continuing to give people like me a bad name when they associate lolicon with behavior like this.

You know, not all of us act like we came straight from 4chan. Personally, I can't even stand 4chan. Never use that site ever. So don't assume you can just lump us all in together.

All that aside, I do fully agree with him on his original point that there is no need to constantly bash something just because it isn't something you are into. I've stopped going to Kotaku due to recent remarks I have read mocking those who buy figurines and dakimakura (hugging pillows). Since I am a collector/user of both, I naturally take offense to a website about game news (with the word "otaku" in it, mind you) directly insulting me. The comments on the page were just as offensive.

I might stop coming here as well. I understand that some people may not find younger girls attractive. That's fine, but do we really need to behave like immature jocks that insult and put-down anything that is different or that we don't understand. There are a LARGE number of people out there that love 2D loli goodness (just take a look at all the eroge released with loli heroines) and you are directly insulting them. You really need to open your eyes and admit that we make up a decent proportion of this little subculture of ours.

Meh, whatever. I already knew your guys were all biased and opinionated. One look at your anime previews (which all seem to be written by the same person they are so similar) and you can tell that you do not have a proper representation of most people on here. For example, it's hard to deny that K-ON became a huge sensation. It's the big deal right now, so much so that it's actually boosting guitar sales. Yet nobody here gave the show anything over a 3. Clearly the majority is not being represented on this website.

Not that I am trying to say lolicon are the majority here. But we are not just a few people from 4chan. You may not like seeing sexualized drawings of cute little girls, but that doesn't mean you have to call them sick or twisted. It's not hurting anybody. Now, to push things a bit further I shall repeat some of what I said in the previous (and now dead) topic in a slightly edited/expanded format.

Since I can view things from both sides of an argument when I am in one. Back in the "olden days" women were married off to have children by the age of 13, to much older men. Why do you think our bodies go through puberty? That is the age that nature decides we are ready to start having sex. The idea that such a thing is wrong is just another invention of modern society. Be it a good thing to accept nature and our design (we gain an interest in sex at around 13 and we become able for sex at around 13. hmmm) or to fight it for the sake of random laws is up for you to decide on your own.

Hell, you could say that lolicon is a great thing. It's a reasonable point of view in today's society that pedophilia is a disease, no? Some people really can't help themselves. It's like being homosexual, you can't help who you find yourself attracted to. But now because of lolicon manga and anime, you have an outlet to relieve yourself without causing harm to others (rape) or breaking any laws (statutory rape). If you did not have lolicon to tend to your fantasies, then you might turn out to be the one who would go out there and hurt a real child.

We wouldn't want a child getting hurt, right? So lolicon helps children by becoming an alternative for people with a lolita complex that doesn't want to hurt a child or someone who doesn't like real women to begin with.

Because we almost never think about that either. Some people out there don't even like real women at all. Or real girls. Maybe they are only attracted to anime loli. What is the harm in that? It may not be your thing, but to insult these people and the things they like is childish and disappointing.

Whatever, it's not like any of you are going to change your mind. Ignorance is difficult to cure someone of when they refuse to look at something from any point of view other than their own. But that's all I have to say about this for now.

Thus, enjoy your day.

my favorite thing that always happens during lolicon arguments is at first the

OH NO LOOK I'M NOT LIKE ATTRACTED TO ACTUAL, REAL-LIVE YOUNG GIRLS AT ALL

and then there's the

WELL I MEAN SHUCKS PUBERTY HAPPENS AROUND 12-13 AND HISTORICALLY SPEAKING UH PRE-TEENS WERE MARRIED OFF TO MUCH OLDER MEN SO I MEAN C'MON DUDE

and then there's the "immature jocks" straw-man used to try and deflate our criticisms somehow. because all people who play sports are immature right?!?!? all jocks are dumb and mean and shove me in lockers, but of course no lolican fan actually wants to touch little kids

lolicon is, IN AMERICA, largely socially indefensible. you're into strange, odd things. we're not ignorant and bullying you. i really don't give a crap at all what you look at when you touch yourself. that's all you, dude. now when you TELL people on a big public website what you look at when you touch yourself, then it's fair game. it's a two-way street, pal.

i mean, i don't tell anybody anything about what i look at late at night in my room. that's none of their damn business, and i plan to keep it that way. maybe some people would find it strange? probably, to an extent, but that's not for public consumption beyond whoever accidentally checks my browser history. i just don't understand why furries and lolicon fans and people who get sexually excited imagining that they're a sentient hot-air balloon floating over Sweden get upset at people for finding their sexual desires a little yucky.

i mean, it's NOT a lifestyle. it's just what makes your pants tingle. and that's weird to me. sorry.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
According to NanayaDestruct, who claims they know Akemi Loli Mokoto, they doubt there is a relationship between him (Akemi) and a fourteen-year-old girl:

NanayaDestruct wrote:
While I can't say anything about Akemi's (COUGHlieCOUGH statement on having a relationship with a 14 year old girl.

I don't know who's telling the truth. But I do know that the mince and cheese pie I'm currently eating is delicious. In other words, don't put too much stock in Akemi's rantings, just ignore him and enjoy life.

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical as well. Although, what I find rather odd is that he would adamantly claim he is not a pedophile and then turn around and falsely claim he is having sex with a fourteen year old. You would kinda think it would be reversed if anything. Although I suppose this is probably a rather questionable person to expect solid and consistent logic from.
NanayaDestruct

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
I don't know Akemi personally off-line so I can't say for sure if he really is involved with a 14 year old girl or not. I just don't believe he is at all. In fact, I'd say most likely he is not.

I love how most people ignored every single thing I said except some off-hand comment about not coming here again. That was not meant to make anyone feel bad as I have never expressed myself in the forums before. It's to show how disappointed I am in sites like Kotaku and ANN when they decided to pick something to mock and look down on, because when they do this they isolate those people and make them either angry or sad. Again, you shouldn't care since it means nothing to you but I have very right to express my feelings on the topic.

LordByronius, the reason the "I'm not going to do anything/am attracted to real girls so what is the harm" and "This being a bad things is a recent social invention" arguments keep coming up is because they are good solid arguments on the topic. What are your solid arguments against it? You find it yucky? Maybe people will stop using these points when someone counters them in a proper way that debunks them.

As for the "all people who play sports are immature right" statement, well in my personal opinion and from my personal experiences, 80% of all the people I see or deal with on a daily basis are immature. When it comes to people who play sports, I'd say about 95% of them are. I have a few friends who play sports and know a couple of people that are fine that do as well. They make up a small 5% though.

But again there is no need to try and belittle me by making me sound like an upset kid at grade school who gets bullied. I'm not about to start personal attacks against you, there is no need to do so against me. Unless you play sports, in which case I am insulting your group of people as a whole. Which, by the way, is exactly what ANN has been doing. At least I give you guys a 5% of intelligent good people.

For the record, I would never have come in here going on about how much I love lolicon if it wasn't an argument already ongoing. I came in here to speak because of what Akemi said and did, and the unfair ratio of pro-lolicon and anti-lolicon people engaging in the argument. But that aside, let's say for a moment that I did come here and just start saying that I love lolicon and talking about all my favorites. What is so wrong with that? If you don't like it, don't look at it or ignore the people talking about it. I do it all the time when people are talking about the various things I have no sexual interest in. I'm not about to go on a baby fit about how strange and odd it is that someone finds [enter random Hollywood actress here] insanely hot.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think that we should just ignore the USDL folks. Responding to them just encourages them and throws more flame on the fire. Most of us agree that they're crazy. I think that we can pretty much leave it at that.

As for JPop, I usually buy CDs from places like yesasia or cdjapan. I want all of my music in flac so that it's properly lossless and I have no problem buying CDs. In fact, there are lots of songs that I'd lose out on if I simply bought the songs that I knew about already. I'd prefer it if more JPop and anime soundtracks was released directly in the US because then it would be a fair bit cheaper to buy it, but I don't find the inability to purchase it online to be much of a loss since I don't buy any music that way anyway.

As for people disliking Shounen, not only does everything have people who dislike it no matter how good it is or isn't, but the more popular something is, the more vocal people tend to be about disliking it. Take Code Geass for example (even though it really isn't Shounen - or at least not typical Shounen if it is). It's extremely popular and there are lots of people who like it. The second season is the second-hightest rated anime her at ANN. And yet, it has some a number of very vocal detractors who label it as a trainwreck. Anything popular has people complaining about it. Shounen is typically the most popular type of anime, so it's likely to have more detractors than many other anime, regardless of what its actual quality is.

As for experimental manga, I have to agree that I find it funny that someone is complaining about there not being enough variety in manga and saying that American comics have more. American comics are typically super hero stories. There are other types of comics, but they're quite rare in comparison. Manga on the other hand covers a huge range of story types. As for crazy, experimental, avant-garde artwork, I really can't say which has more because I don't pay attention to that sort of thing. I want solid storytelling. Having good artwork is great as well, but is secondary to the story. Having experimental artwork is something that I generally see as bad. It seriously risks getting in the way of the story and strikes me as the sort of thing that only artsy people generally care about. Take Soultaker for instance. What little story value it had (which was arguably quite little) was completely ruined by the incredibly bizarre artwork. It became incredibly hard to tell what was going on and it totally got in the way of the story. Good, solid artwork is much better than something new and fancy. Art should serve the story, not the other way around.
CCSBeyond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
I completely accept that Akemi Mokoto is a real person who is the founder/owner/president of the United States Department of Lolicon as well as the Acting Interim Director* for the Lolicon Defense Task Force*. I can totally see him being an 18 year old graduate of Deep Creek High School and as for the whole 14-year old girlfriend thing, I'm willing to put that issue aside right now.

I'm just curious about this, from http://www.google.com/profiles/wikiloli16, which refers to Akemi Mokoto as "Dr." Akemi Mokoto. Where did Akemi get this doctorate and what field of study is it from?

* What happened that necessitated an interim director rather than an actual director? Additionally, what happened to the interim director that Akemi had to step in and become the acting interim director?
** By the way, the USDL (United States Department of Lolicon, not to be confused with the United States Department of Labor) and the LDTF (Lolicon Defense Task Force) totally needs an actual stand-alone domain, rather than simply using free services, such as myspace, youtube and ning. There are a number of services that will pay for both a domain name and webhosting in exchange for ads. If the USDL and the LDTF is against ads, there are some cheap webhosting sites that could be used, with the fees paid for by some simple fundraising by the members of each group.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
I am the best person to represent the Loli-Community!

If you want everyone to think that Loli fans are bat-shit insane, I guess.
And, sorry guy, but that poll doesn't tell you anything about the lolicon community on the whole - just the ones who visit wherever you hosted the poll.
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
Actually I pulled the poll from the top 2 most popular lolicon forums. But until a poll is found or released that invalidates those, then there is no real reason to say its not trustworthy. Oh and Nanaya is right, I am not behaving like i should and I will be more professional for here for the USDL and Lolicon.

There we're so many things people said about me, lolicon, and/or the USDL recently. Like my girlfriend’s age. Well let me tell ya this, to be a pedophile according to the American Psychological Association, I must be an Adult who is attracted to prepubescent children. Prepubescent meaning under 13. No Online dictionary is gonna say other wise and still be trusted. The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems would and do agree with me. So does the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th edition). I am an Ephebophile. Now I will not discuss that issue anymore so don’t bring it up please.

As for Lolicon, ya know the definition now. So please don’t say its rape, adult on child, toddler, ect… Besides, There is a difference between Lolicon and Toddlerkon. Oh and I wasn’t shoving Lolicon in anybody’s face. I don’t know where in the hell you heard that but I never have nor would. But I would and will promote it using Loli-Ecchi at the upcoming Nekocon 2009 in November!

The Reason I released those Poll was out of retaliation of having my Representationship of the Loli-Community attacked by “Digi Boy.” But to be honest, The USDL said it was all about truth. No matter how helpful or hurtful. The USDL is a better thing to represent the Loli-Community anyway because other Loli-Sites, have 3-D/Realistic Images(Which is illegal), Discuss or promote Pedo-Opinions, and Never does what’s right for the Loli-Community.

Last edited by Akemi L. Mokoto on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
Actually I pulled the poll from the top 2 most popular lolicon forums.

Those poll numbers seem VERY high, and contain a TON of denial.

`76.34% Are attracted to real life Loli’s` vs `50.05% think Pedophilia is wrong` Seems to show lying.

Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:

Well let me tell ya this, to be a pedophile according to the American Psychological Association, I must be an Adult who is attracted to prepubescent children. Prepubescent meaning under 13.

That`s not what your state laws say.

Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:

Besides, There is a difference between Lolicon and Toddlerkon.

NOW we`re getting technical!

Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:

Oh and I wasn’t shoving Lolicon in anybody’s face. I don’t know where in the hell you heard that but I never have nor would. But I would and will promote it using Loli-Ecchi at the upcoming Nekocon 2009 in November!

Not shoving it in faces, but promoting it... Just like billboards! Cause you know, all they try and do is promote...
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Wait, are you implying that I made up or modified the Polls? Or are you saying the lolicon Community Poll seems to imply that the voters are lieing? Also, The AOC in the USA Ranges from 16-18 years old. In Virginia, its 18. I know that, but state laws doesnt define pedophilia, Psycologist do. And Every State in the USA uses the APA in cirtian laws they make or remove. Who in the name of Nekoconeko told you Virginiaa defines Pedophilia differently anyway?!

Oh and Again To All The Lolicon Fans on this website(especally Nanaya), Im sorry for publishing those poll results but the USDL is all about getting the Facts. We arent as harmful to the Loli-Community as those other Loli-Sites, and you and everybody else knows that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Akemi, you have to realize the fact that people who go on forums make up a very small percent of any given group. I'm sure less than 50-60% of all anime fans talk about it online. A couple hundred or thousand people is only a small fraction of a group. I am a lolicon, and know others, and I didn't even know there were lolicon forums, and if I had they wouldn't be places I'd want to go. Your group of '300' sounds so [expletive] puny it's hilarious. I mean come now - even the Spartans were crazy when they went into battle with only 300 soldiers, and they all died.

Sure, maybe you aren't a morally indecent person. I'm saying that I don't want people to associate lolicon with your personality. You are an utter [expletive] idiot. I know, because you called the editor a 'baka' in your email. That's enough to drive it right home. You spam capital letters and try to cram shit down peoples throats for no reason. And seriously, obvious troll is obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Im sorry Zak but this is to much. Ok Digi Boy, you wanna go there and Criticized me, my org, and now my Polls?! Let’s go toe to toe then:

There are an estimated 223 Million Internet users in America. That’s Most of America. You don’t know how many Anime Fans and Lolicon Fans use the forums. You don’t know. So until you can show me something that would even remotely support your claim, then shut the hell up! Ok?

Guess what, Flatchan offer Images, Lolicon-r-us Offer Images you have to be a members in both cases. People like to socialize with people that can relate to them. You have no reason to say other wise. And don’t throw some bullshit about you not knowing there was not any Lolicon Forums. When you type up keyword Lolicon on google, ask.com, msn.com, ect… you will see websites. I’m sure you wont click one website and say either, “oh damn there isn’t anything here! Guess I quit” or “Oh wow look at the images here, I guess my web search is complete!” So lets not get started on this crap ok? because, I’m not as gullible as you may think!

Polls are reliable. The Media uses it, the City, State, and Government Law Makers use it to influence there decisions, and Experts in fields like Human Mental Health, Cultural, Sociological, Metorological, ect… also use polls. So your argument is invalid de to Lack of Proof, Intelligence, and COMMON BLODY SENCE!!! Besides that, What are the odds that Forum Using Lolicon and Anime Fans have one opinion and the few Non-forum Lolicon Fans have a different Opinion?! Huh?! I guess all the Pedophiles, Freaks, and Idiots use the forums while the Smart, Anti-Pedophile, Otakus remain off forums! Come on now man! Don’t play the Moron Card with me!

Also, you Texually Trashed me! How the &%$^ dare you. What give you the right to attack me?! Huh?! Just who in the hell do you THINK you are?! I’ve been a Lolicon Fan for 5 years and I’ve been defending you guys for at most 2 years(maybe 3).

Now I will give you one thing, I have been representing The USDL and Lolicon in a bad way. But damn it, According to Polls and Forum Post, Lolicon Fans are either Split between Pedophila and Just Lolicon or Most Lolicon Fans are Pedophiles in some way. I don’t want to believe this either, but the Polls don’t lie! I’m not saying definitively that the Poll are 100% Trust worthy, but I have no reason to say its not either!

Oh yea one more thing, Im not F-ing up the Lolicon Community, Lolicon-r-us and Flatchan is doing that by thereselfs.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9