• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Days to Be Posted on Crunchyroll This Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
On that lolicon defense whatever MySpace that someone who wrote into last week's Answerman linked to, there was a YouTube video of the uncensored ending of this anime.

It was late at night when I watched it, and combined with the lolicon imagery still floating in my mind, it disturbed me pretty well (which is a bad thing).

Now, just being reminded of this anime is an unpleasant experience. =/
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Cool beans. That's good news! More anime for CR!!!
I really don't see how anyone thinks of that as a good news...

also, wow you people are pretty soft. Or don't watch much anime. The ending wasn't THAT disturbing....I thought Elfen Lied was much worse..in almost every episode. Plenty of gruesome old tv shows too in the US.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The one-week delay for this leaves me scratching my head. I can understand it for titles that are still airing in Japan, but for already completed series?

Another interesting move, nonetheless. I've already seen it though, so this one doesn't affect me all that much.
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
School Days was a GREAT Anime. i mean its not very often you get an Anime like School Days that is either near perfect, or 100% Perfect. That Anime was great and the News about Crunchyroll, that I haven't read, is a good thing.

The Last Episode was my favorate Scene in an Anime!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
ZashikiWarashi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Karisu wrote:
"Catchphrase"? Nice vocabulary fail. It's a "meme". Get with the times ANN and update your writers with modern (and more appropriate) words.

Congratulations on your modern language, but had the writers used "meme" the vast majority of readers wouldn't have understood without wikipedia learning. Language doesn't change overnight, no sense being the vocal minority and forcing it on the masses. Nobody is impressed.

Last edited by ZashikiWarashi on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome...This is actually one show I hope will be brought over to the US since it is absolutely epic. Overturns any anime show in history. Just a shame the visual novel will never be brought over <_<
Dante80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
More Ma(n)koto bashing....gj CR... Very Happy Very Happy
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
I don't fully understand what this entails. Is an R1 DVD release more likely because of this? Less likely? I'd buy it so quickly...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
I don't fully understand what this entails. Is an R1 DVD release more likely because of this? Less likely? I'd buy it so quickly...

It's hard to say. On one hand, you raise more awareness and a growing fanbase when it's streamed legally, but on the other, you now it have streamed legally which is a different license than DVDs. Most people might just forgo the DVDs because they can keep getting it for free online.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Monster in a box wrote:

It's hard to say. On one hand, you raise more awareness and a growing fanbase when it's streamed legally, but on the other, you now it have streamed legally which is a different license than DVDs. Most people might just forgo the DVDs because they can keep getting it for free online.

You're missing the reality of the situation in which it's already available for free all over the internet as illegal fansubs. This won't impact sales a bit.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:21 am Reply with quote
All I know is Shugo Chara was licensed for streaming ages ago, and there are no DVD plans, but Strike Witches was too, and that's getting DVDs...so yeah, no way to know I guess.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
All I know is Shugo Chara was licensed for streaming ages ago, and there are no DVD plans, but Strike Witches was too, and that's getting DVDs...so yeah, no way to know I guess.

The thing is, Shugo Chara is gonna be like 100 episodes, at least, and is still ongoing. That costs WAY more to dub than 13 episodes of strike witches.

Plus, selling sub-only shugo chara DVDs just doesn't seem like a good idea for a show that's also for children.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Monster in a box wrote:

The thing is, Shugo Chara is gonna be like 100 episodes, at least, and is still ongoing. That costs WAY more to dub than 13 episodes of strike witches.

Plus, selling sub-only shugo chara DVDs just doesn't seem like a good idea for a show that's also for children.

I think that Shugo Chara has potentional to be on TV so yea they can totally dub it, I mean look at Sailor Moon, when Dic first got the license to Sailor Moon the show was already in its 150th Episode in Japan and the same thing with Naruto, was Naruto not in its 100's in Japan when it first aired in America? So with that, I do see Shugo Chara maybe on 4Kids or Cartoon Network, but the 'be your true self' image might be what disney thinks is perfect, Laughing
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
So with that, I do see Shugo Chara maybe on 4Kids or Cartoon Network, but the 'be your true

No, no, no god no. First off, Cartoon Network is done with anime. They aren't even airing Naruto anymore. Second, 4Kids has never done anything right. Also, we never got the first two seasons of Sailor Moon dubbed (not counting that Saban crap), and we never got the last season at all. (though I'm sure you knew that)

I'd buy sub-only DVDs if the price was right, honestly. It seems like one of those shows that's more annoying if you can actually understand the characters, and then when it gets dubbed everyone complains that the dub butchered it when really it was just fine. At the very least, I'm sure Utau's already mediocre singing scenes would become sub-mediocre.

Oh, and there are some weird suggestive scenes that I don't think would go over too well on children's television. Pretty much any scene where Amu and Ikuto uh...interact.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
sailorsean wrote:
So with that, I do see Shugo Chara maybe on 4Kids or Cartoon Network, but the 'be your true

No, no, no god no. First off, Cartoon Network is done with anime. They aren't even airing Naruto anymore. Second, 4Kids has never done anything right. Also, we never got the first two seasons of Sailor Moon dubbed (not counting that Saban crap), and we never got the last season at all. (though I'm sure you knew that)

I'd buy sub-only DVDs if the price was right, honestly. It seems like one of those shows that's more annoying if you can actually understand the characters, and then when it gets dubbed everyone complains that the dub butchered it when really it was just fine. At the very least, I'm sure Utau's already mediocre singing scenes would become sub-mediocre.

Oh, and there are some weird suggestive scenes that I don't think would go over too well on children's television. Pretty much any scene where Amu and Ikuto uh...interact.

Ikuto's "key" being too big for Amu's "lock".... :naughty:

Last edited by hikaru004 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5