• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Days to Be Posted on Crunchyroll This Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh great, School Days. Again. I thought the characters were all really ridiculous and the ending disturbed me, I kind of liked it for the first 9 episodes or so but I hate how everyone likes to act like Kotonoha was someone to feel sympathy for.
I give Makoto credit for being totally unlike any harem guy. I kind of felt bad for him, I mean he did what Keitaro wouldn't dare.

I haven't seen the uncensored version and honestly considering the way the censored version bothered me, I don't want to. It actually managed to really disturb me.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:

You're missing the reality of the situation in which it's already available for free all over the internet as illegal fansubs. This won't impact sales a bit.

Actually, it can, as people who don't watch fansubs for ethical reasons may be willing to watch the legal streams. Also, some people may have passed over it before, or maybe didn't know about it, might see it and give it a try. Whether the net effect is more people buying due to word of mouth and interest or less people buying because they've already seen it is hard to say.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Tofusensei wrote:

You're missing the reality of the situation in which it's already available for free all over the internet as illegal fansubs. This won't impact sales a bit.

Actually, it can, as people who don't watch fansubs for ethical reasons may be willing to watch the legal streams.

There are very very few people who don't watch fansubs for ethical reasons.

Putting it online on a legal stream is the smart thing to do.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:

I have no idea how many there are, but they certainly do exist. And if this can this impacts their buying habits somehow, then it has an effect. How big of one is the big question.

Quote:
Putting it online on a legal stream is the smart thing to do.

This I agree with.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope that it all goes online in one big chunk so that I can see the ending first. I want to see what all the fuss is about. Laughing
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Tofusensei wrote:

I have no idea how many there are, but they certainly do exist. And if this can this impacts their buying habits somehow, then it has an effect. How big of one is the big question.

One thing that is true, though. Simulcasting makes about 100 times more sense for a show as opposed to putting it online two years after it aired and pirated to death.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I hope that it all goes online in one big chunk so that I can see the ending first. I want to see what all the fuss is about. Laughing

Ooh, um, I'm not sure I'd recommend that. School Days is all about the journey downwards. Jumping straight to the last episode would be like starting at the end of a movie like the Usual Suspects or the Sixth Sense: you'd know what happened, but would get the full impact out of it. Watch the final episode of School Days right off the bat and their wouldn't be much reason to see the rest of the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if CR does up the entire series up in one batch though, so if that's you're thing, have at it!
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Lots of people watch the ending first, and it irritates me to no end. It's like I'm the only one who took the show seriously, and judging by the stupid spin-off OVAs, that statistic includes the people who made it.

Though to be fair, I only watched the show in the first place because I was given a vague, inaccurate spoiler regarding the ending.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Tofusensei wrote:

Raises hand as some one who doesn't watch fansubs for ethical reasons, so this for me would help if I was interested in these kind of series (so this means let my brother know as he would be interested in this kind of series) So this for me is a move in the right direction.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:

Though to be fair, I only watched the show in the first place because I was given a vague, inaccurate spoiler regarding the ending.
"nothing's inside" Heh

I've had all of the digisubs since the day it aired but never got around to watching all of it. Until ANN mentions it again and again. I finally sat down and watched it all and My god,what a great ending.All I kept thinking was....

nice boat.
ANN's School Days trivia page wrote:
Is based of the Dating sim game (Eroge) of the same name.
Ahhh,damn it.Makes since now.It was an ero game.I usually realize these things before watching them.

Hey, this is pretty funny. Major spoiler:Body pillow Even comes with a carrying case.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 1-4 were posted for free yesterday.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Monster in a box wrote:

"nothing's inside" Heh

I've read the spoilers myself, and have realised what you must be referring to by this statement. Not a pleasant mental image.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
The thing is "how would you know you crazy bitch!"
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean its going to be dubbed? Or will it just have subtitles?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Does this mean its going to be dubbed? Or will it just have subtitles?

It's just a license for a stream only, for now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5