• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How about a general/chat forum for average users?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randomuser2349

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I have seen that ANN is unique from other sites in that it doesn't have a forum for general posting. I know it's a bit cliche, but why not add one?

Last edited by randomuser2349 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
There is one called Community which is accessible if you're a subscriber.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
All you have to do is subscribe to Anime News Network and you'll see we have a Community forum that serves as what you looking to find.

You can find this by going to the my ANN tab at the top of your internet browser screen. This is the last tab and it's to the right of the screen as well.

If you have any questions, here is a helpful guide to what an Anime News Network subscription entails.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
randomuser2349 wrote:
I know it's a bit chiche, but why not add one?

If ANN did this, then it would turn into this.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
randomuser2349 wrote:

*Visits*

*Chooses thread at whim*

*Reads post by a somebody who has chosen the name RapeMonster that befits said name*

*Leaves*

I realize that it can seem elitist, but there's something to be said for a sort of 'gated community' model.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you don't wanna be visiting CR while I'm still banned there.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
randomuser2349 wrote:

*Visits*

*Chooses thread at whim*

*Reads post by a somebody who has chosen the name RapeMonster that befits said name*

*Leaves*

I realize that it can seem elitist, but there's something to be said for a sort of 'gated community' model.
*Visits RapeMonster's profile, tries to find a "posts by this user" button but fails*

*Sees group named "PedoBear"*

*Sees thread named "Pedomedia" in that group's forum*

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....... I think we're gonna need more napalm. Learn 'em some tact.

*Subscribes just before posting to avoid headloops about who "we" is*
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
There is an anime based forum that has general discussions. It's called Mania (now), assuming it's still there. Always the forums on MAL too. But like with CR enter at your own risk.
randomuser2349

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
All you have to do is subscribe to Anime News Network and you'll see we have a Community forum that serves as what you looking to find.

You can find this by going to the my ANN tab at the top of your internet browser screen. This is the last tab and it's to the right of the screen as well.

If you have any questions, here is a helpful guide to what an Anime News Network subscription entails.

No offense, but why would I pay just to chat? I can understand the giveaways and such, but not for just general chat.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
randomuser2349 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

No offense, but why would I pay just to chat? I can understand the giveaways and such, but not for just general chat.
You wouldn't, but then, why would you come to ANN at all for that reason?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No offense, but why would I pay just to chat?

Because we are such a great bunch of people that it is worth the money to talk to us?? I take it you are not buying that.

Actually what you are paying for is the ability to use ANNs bandwith to discuss things that are not necessarily anime related. It is a special benefit.

If your chat is anime related, it probably has a place somewhere in the Anime forum.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a subscriber. I likely never will be. And I see no need for a non-anime related forum. This is an anime news site. Yes, I think that the encyclopedia needs video games and tokusatsu added, but those are also things that the news covers. And I see no reason to have discussion forums for things that aren't directly relating to the site (meaning, anime/other Japanese stuff), other than a bonus for those who pay to support the site.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I think it's worth to pay for a subscription even if it's just to read Surrender Artist's chronicles and reply with something below his intellectual reach just to see how he reacts.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I think it's worth to pay for a subscription even if it's just to read Surrender Artist's chronicles and reply with something below his intellectual reach just to see how he reacts.

Pffff. That's just because my intellectual reach is in fact so abyssally low that it loops around and ends up teetering cruelly atop a high cliff.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

How quaint. You forget there are others who read those replies.
Twisted Evil

randomuser2349 wrote:

I just gave you a link where you can talk about anything you want, yet you still complain.

There are plenty of forums out there to whet your appetite to tell us about your dog humping on your girl/boyfriend's leg.

This site is not one of them and, honestly, most of us prefer it this way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2