• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - MmmBobobop

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yblees

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Hot Gimmick has been interesting read to start, though after reading the first volume I have the feeling that quite a bit of what's going to happen is going to be predictable. I might take my time reading the rest of the series.

Ha! I challenge you to find out Razz
conked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
I got sucked into Hot Gimmick for a few volumes but Ryoki's constant abuse and Hatsumi's acceptance of it drove me nuts and I had to stop reading it. I went online to see if others were as annoyed as me about it and I was really surprised to see in a poll that the majority of readers wanted her to end up with Ryoki. It seemed like everyone's attitude was, "Sure he's mean to her but deep inside he really likes her so it's okay."

I liked DOGS despite the cliches. All the characters are pretty interesting and it really is just an introduction so the real story doesn't kick off just yet. They do eventually get together and I'm such a sucker for the interaction between Badou and Heine.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
yblees wrote:
Ha! I challenge you to find out Razz

In which I was fortunate to find the first book at Book Off for a dollar. I just love how that system works, because it allows you to test manga out for a cheap price, and sell it back to get some money in return. If you challenge me, however, I don't think I can back away from that. And there were more volumes of that series in the dollar section, so I will be more than happy to try and find out what happens considering the length of the series.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
conked wrote:
I liked DOGS despite the cliches. All the characters are pretty interesting and it really is just an introduction so the real story doesn't kick off just yet. They do eventually get together and I'm such a sucker for the interaction between Badou and Heine.

I always love the stuff between Heine and Naoto. They look so pretty fighting together and then when they have to actually talk to each other... My favorite scene has to be where spoiler[he catches her as she faints in this big dramatic pose - and then drops her in the next panel]. That made me laugh quite a lot.
conked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I always love the stuff between Heine and Naoto. They look so pretty fighting together and then when they have to actually talk to each other... My favorite scene has to be where spoiler[he catches her as she faints in this big dramatic pose - and then drops her in the next panel]. That made me laugh quite a lot.

That's a great scene because the buildup and execution is so well done. That look of spoiler[distaste on Heine's face as he watches her fall is pretty funny. I love how he steps out of the way to avoid her.] Then Bishop's remark makes it even better because that's what he expected Heine to do.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quote
conked wrote:
I got sucked into Hot Gimmick for a few volumes but Ryoki's constant abuse and Hatsumi's acceptance of it drove me nuts and I had to stop reading it. I went online to see if others were as annoyed as me about it and I was really surprised to see in a poll that the majority of readers wanted her to end up with Ryoki. It seemed like everyone's attitude was, "Sure he's mean to her but deep inside he really likes her so it's okay."

Ok, THAT'S disturbing. Sure, Ryoki had some funny moments, but I was rooting for Shinogu. Brother or not,spoiler[ (and he really wasn't in a genetic sense)] he treated her better than the other two contenders. But I guess that's where the whole "Stockholm syndrome" in the review came from. Creepy.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
"—with the winner crowned god of a new world!" - Future Diary, back cover.

Am I the only one who thought of Light Yagami? "I am/will be the god of the new world!"

Hmm, even despite the C+, I'm pretty interested in this.

Oh! I loooved Orange Planet! You mean I can buuuy it now?

Though, I'll say, the cover is absolutely terrible. Nice logo, though, but bad picture. It looks like one of my sister's fifth grade drawings, with the Crayola colored pencils and what not.

Oh, it got a D-? Okay, so even as I was reading it, I thought it was stupid too. I actually thought I was reading it wrong. Why is she writing to some guy she doesn't even know from her past? That is so freaky. But I know -I- liked it. For some reason. Probably because I read it for FREE the first time. I wasn't exactly losing money.

I just wish I had more shelf space to buy it... Fullmetal Alchemist, Magic Tree House (too hard to collect, only have some), Junie B. Jones (the entire collection of the books of the kindergarten year), and Mars (the last one belonging to my sister) are taking up the whole shelf...perhaps I'll buy the last volumes I didn't read yet just to see what happens at the end. Agh, the suspense!

So what if I used to read Junie B. Jones? There's nothing wrong with having it on the same shelf as FMA; move along, nothing to see here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3