Forum - View topic
NEWS: KyoAni's Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! Teaser Streamed


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blood-
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 14676
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote
Super pumped for this simply because it's KyoAni. Pretty rare for us to get two different KyoAni shows in back to back seasons (Hyouka and this). Wonder if this is a sign they are upping their production levels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
danilo07



Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 1513

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fletcher1991



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 514
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.


Consider it won an honorable mention (must have been pretty honorable to get an adaption lol) in their contest, it is not that weird that they would be the ones to make it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.


Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Surrender Artist
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 3047
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
One eyepatch? Pffft! Should be two. A girl is totally not cute if she can still see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07



Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 1513

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.


Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.

Sure the character designs are moeblobs ,but judging from the tone,music(from PVs) and premise of the show it seems really different from your usual KyoAni show.It might turn out to be nothing unusual,but we will see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 5906
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Will watch because of KyoAnimation. I wonder if they will be involved with more shows next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4239

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Will watch because of KyoAnimation. I wonder if they will be involved with more shows next year.


As far as I know, KyoAni only does one show a season. This is part of what contributes to their high production values--no chance of work getting spread thin between multiple shows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IkariGendo



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 102

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.


Thanks dude, that Fate avatar really nails down your point... (sarcasm)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
IkariGendo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.


Thanks dude, that Fate avatar really nails down your point... (sarcasm)


I don't get what you're trying to say... I love these types of shows. I'm not going to say they aren't trying to appeal to otakus through making moeblobs though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Blazaking



Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Put me on the list of "watching simply because it's KyoAni". I cannot get enough of their stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
njprogfan
Village ElderVillage Elder


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 495
Location: A River Named Toms

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I can see someone in Japan likes the movie, "Kiss Me Deadly".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
dan9999



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 648

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Whats Misaki (from Another) doing here.... Surprised

Yawwwwnnnnnnn.....

So after low Hyouka sales, which is pure moeblob too btw, so whats that about they going back to moeblobs Laughing , after failing miserably with Nichijou, let see of they save face with this....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
testyal1



Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching this because KyoAni.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5085

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

So after low Hyouka sales, which is pure moeblob too btw, so whats that about they going back to moeblobs Laughing , after failing miserably with Nichijou, let see of they save face with this....


Yes, lets reduce terms into absolute meaninglessness.

Seriously, you know nothing about this show and its characters, and yet have already declared them "moeblobs", which is just code for "I need to feel superior to others so I'll insult popular things."

Watch the show or don't, but don't [expletive] act like you know anything about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group