• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
Being the broke chump I am, I can't say I've bought, let alone played the game yet, though I still believe the review from the gameplay videos I've seen and while I haven't played any 'muso' games or the like, I know full and well most anime games aren't exactly the best games on the market. While nothing really surprised me about this, I was put off by there not being any visable battle damage (or from at least what I've seen) seeing the iconic momment where Lucci nearly K.O.'s Luffy and him getting back up feels quite cheapened when luffy looks pretty much fine.

From the looks of it its you're basic anime game, thou tbph it really dosn't matter to me, given that when I like something enough I want to get me some merchandise off of it, and this being one piece only further seals the fate of whatever potential cash gets into my hands. I'll probably get it to have my fun in the long run, but I won't be rushing it, especially since I'm about to spend nearly 90 bucks for bandai stuff before their well is officially dired up next month.

spoiler[Plus theres pokemon BW2...]
Tylerr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
its a decent game, if you like DW and are a one piece fan then you'll like this game.

But if you don't like one piece theres no reason to buy it.

I've gotten about 30 hour out of it so far, so i've got my money's worth.
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
Is ANN going to review Resident Evil 6. Even though reviewers are sh!"##ing on it, I'm pretty sure it's not a bad game.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
Musou games, boring, monotonous tripe that have substance to them at all. It's irritating how they're still around.
seanhiruki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
Another great one, Dave.

Now, speaking as a fan of Dynasty Warriors games, (Hell I still play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Warriors Orochi 3 from time to time), I honestly did not see this one coming, in that I did not even know Koei WAS making a DW One Piece. Slipped under my radar, I suppose. Either way, I think I will save my money for when they bring Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 here to the States (And it better be on 360, damn you Koei.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
Its worth a buy for sure if you're a One Piece fan, I'd say. Its got a lot of content, the gameplay isn't terrible and its oozing with fanservice for the series... its the best One Piece game ever made. I just wish it got a physical release in America, since I had to spend extra to import it from Europe.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Got the last 4 Another Logs to complete and as with all Warriors games I've played I have enjoyed it immensely. The series get's a lot of undeserved hate, I can see why it may draw these criticisms but when reviewers don't point out similar faults in other games is when I get irritated. A lot of double standards.

I am looking forward to the inevitable sequel.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:

I have no doubt it'll get a sequel.. its the best selling console game of the year in Japan, and 3rd best selling PS3 title overall in Japan. Only question is when.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Combat is bland, and not held by spotty multiplayer support

It should be "helped".
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
EighteenSky wrote:

I have no doubt it'll get a sequel.. its the best selling console game of the year in Japan, and 3rd best selling PS3 title overall in Japan. Only question is when.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel either but I'd at least want them to hold off on it for a while, finish spoiler[Punk hazard] and maybe another one or two arcs. but as they say time is money...but then again, with Japan and One Piece, anytime's a good time to make money.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Musou games, mindless, repetitive, and like the beat em ups of yore, oddly charming. I played the hell out of Hokuto Musou, and if a Last Airbender version of it ever came out, I'd be intrigued. These are fanservice if the highest order, but if they're cheap? Why not?
seanhiruki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with Mike Toole, in that Koei's next Historical Musou game should be an American Civil War DW game. I would personally play the hell out if it, being the Civil War nerd that I am. Especially if Joshua Chamberlain of the 20th Maine was a main character in it.
Not to mention how well it would sell in the South. I mean, come on, they would get a chance to mow down countless Union soldiers as Stonewall Jackson or Robert E. Lee and win the war for the Rebels.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
well, we already heard that everyone said bleach game suck but it's turn to be good for me.

But I think One Piece PS3 game even worst than Bleach resurrection.
They need to make it more like a story than this musou game, if they still want to make musou than they should learn from Dynasty warrior: Gundam 3.

I like OP manga than any of OP movie,Anime and game.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
I bought it cause it seem like eons since we last had a Domestic One Piece game. Compared to the number of domestic Dragon Ball games there's only a handfull of One Piece games in the US(including the games with the 4Kids cast). From what I've played so far in the game, it's not really terrible, I wouldn't place it in the same level as Unlimited Adventure, but still worth playing since I'm a die-hard One Piece fan.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
So one thing I was wondering is there the English cast in this game or is it just the Japanese? Cause I would give it a shot if it had the English but otherwise I will give it a pass. The game looked amusing but without the voices of the Funi dub I would be pulled out of it enough to probably not enjoy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2