• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Kara no Kyoukai Film Slated for August in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
DPX wrote:
Now all we need is a damn license comfirmation!

Pretty much what I was gonna say. I haven't seen any of them, but I've heard they're really good.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
I'd say it exists. Wink

And the fans of the game hope it would not. I really hope that the remake of the game will be followed by a new good anime adaption.

I have the game too, doesn't mean the anime isn't also good.

Quote:
Are you familiar with the concept of Discontinuity?

By definition? Yes. Though I don't apply it to cross media adaptations. So the game was better than the series, are you seriously surprised by this? The book is always better than the movie because there's never enough time to include all the details, doesn't always mean it's a bad movie. In fact I found the anime was quite entertaining. Could have been better though, although I only say that because I'm not really a fan of .spoiler[sad endings. I would have preferred the other Arc ending.] Ideally I'd also have preferred it to have been more episodes to flesh out the storyline.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:
Are you familiar with the concept of Discontinuity?

By definition? Yes. Though I don't apply it to cross media adaptations. So the game was better than the series, are you seriously surprised by this? The book is always better than the movie because there's never enough time to include all the details, doesn't always mean it's a bad movie.

The original isn't always better than the adaptation. It's exceptionally rare that the adaptation is better, but it's not unheard of.

Anyway. When the adaptation isn't as good as the original, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was bad in and of itself... but it can be still be very bad when compared to the original. This is the case with Tsukihime; if you've no familiarity with the game, it's not a bad anime. But most of the fans of the game are so disappointed by what was left out or changed in the adaptation that it is, to them at least, a significantly lesser work. And thus prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

You may not apply discontinuity to adaptations to other media, but plenty of people do.
Veers

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Eh, late bump but I just now noticed this.

Frankly I think KnK is something that would be much more successful than previous T-M stuff in the American market so I've got my fingers crossed. Wonderful films, really hoping to get this series on DVD/BR in the not-too-distant future.
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
everything I could offer has already been said.

Just wanted to point out that I'm such a KnK fan Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
Eh, late bump but I just now noticed this.

Frankly I think KnK is something that would be much more successful than previous T-M stuff in the American market so I've got my fingers crossed. Wonderful films, really hoping to get this series on DVD/BR in the not-too-distant future.

Fate/stay is pretty big, far larger than Tsukihime's fanbase ever was/will be. Although KnK has the problem of being extremely focused on character development in the first few movies, which turns even more seasoned fans off, so if people are buying each DVD one at a time, you might see a decrease in sales. The best way would be to bundle them all together.
Veers

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Fate/stay is pretty big, far larger than Tsukihime's fanbase ever was/will be. Although KnK has the problem of being extremely focused on character development in the first few movies, which turns even more seasoned fans off, so if people are buying each DVD one at a time, you might see a decrease in sales. The best way would be to bundle them all together.
I agree, the release order's confusing aspects would be sure to annoy some people enough to stop watching/buying (I'm not one of them though). As much of a proponent of watching stuff in release order as I am because it makes piecing things together more fun (IMO), they'd probably need to be released all at once or in chronological order so that people not familiar with the story already would be eased into it. And personally I don't see KnK's character-development-driven style to be a problem but rather it's best strength.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2