• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kokoro Connect Cancels Part of PR Campaign This Weekend

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm still pissed at whoever's idea this whole thing was. They can apologize all they want, but they've ruined any potential for additional seasons. I'm just glad it's not getting pulled off the air.
bradc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
I'm still pissed at whoever's idea this whole thing was. They can apologize all they want, but they've ruined any potential for additional seasons. I'm just glad it's not getting pulled off the air.

Anime staff isn't behind it at all, they don't deserve the blame. It was staff staff at the June Event before the anime was begin to aired. Besides continue to enjoy the anime, it never committed any sins.

Just be angry at those staffs at the event who did such thing to any person or voice actor.
swhitey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I've been hearing alot about the show being cut to 12 episodes. Anybody know if this is true and have proof?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
swhitey wrote:
I've been hearing alot about the show being cut to 12 episodes. Anybody know if this is true and have proof?

Completely untrue, since it would end in the middle of an arc, and they already bought the 13 episode time slot. IF someone wanted to make a bogus rumor about it being shortened, they should have done their research and said it was cut to 13 episodes, not 12. It would be more plausable then.
zeopower6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
They should just cancel this entire PR thing... it seems likely that following through with everything may do more harm than good.

Confused
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
It's even been confirmed that the bonus episodes will still feature on the BD's/DVD's with Ichiki having a role in the four extra eps.
nottimkai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
http://pastebin.com/EvntSeCV

I would recommend going to that link, which is a detailed account of this whole debacle. For whatever reason, a producer from King records decided that Ichiki was going to be made a figurative butt monkey.

It is actually fairly disgusting. I know nothing about the people being discussed, but I hate when people in power decide to shit on those in a subordinate position.
jamdox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I agree, the whole thing is sick. They should just cancel the show; I might even swear off anime because of this crap. It's incredible.

Some bullying happens at any workplace, sad but true. But to publicly humiliate some guy? Repeatedly?

I hope they are planning a big fat apology; what's sad is that they'll probably write the guy into the script now and mess up the plot...

Maybe they should have Ichiki take over Taichi's character? Laughing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
nottimkai wrote:
http://pastebin.com/EvntSeCV

I would recommend going to that link, which is a detailed account of this whole debacle. For whatever reason, a producer from King records decided that Ichiki was going to be made a figurative butt monkey.

It is actually fairly disgusting. I know nothing about the people being discussed, but I hate when people in power decide to shit on those in a subordinate position.

Thanks for the link. What Takahiro Yamanaka did to Mitsuhiro was really horrific. Anime dazed While I understand that it's the Japanese folks that decide which anime shows get aired at the end, I'm satisfied that they decided to express refusal in buying the anime, since that shows that they won't support and/or tolerate malicious actions like this emotionally-breaking pubicity stunt.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
It's really disgusting what happened. People in power repeatedly picking on a poor guy who just wants to work hard is despicable. Those pricks should be fired from their jobs.

It is nice to see 2ch get behind the dude and support him, though I doubt he has a career left after this. Well, not that he had one to begin with, it's clear they were never going to give him an actual meaningful role.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
nottimkai wrote:

Why are there zero sources listed for any of that information? I can type up a bunch of terrible things on pastebin too.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
nottimkai wrote:

Why are there zero sources listed for any of that information? I can type up a bunch of terrible things on pastebin too.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-04/kokoro-connect-staff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Ichiki's Statement wrote:
Ichiki then asserted that while news websites are calling the situation involving him a case of "Candid Camera-style bullying and abuse-of-power harassment," he did not feel that either has taken place. Ichiki said that his appointment as a PR head, rather than as a voice actor, was a surprise to him, but he and his talent agency accepted the job after considering the situation.

Ichiki then asserted that he believes that if the situation were a true case of bullying, then the fans present at the June screening in question as well as its over 20,000 online viewers, along with the listeners of the later radio programs in question, would have reacted negatively at an earlier point in time. Ichiki also expressed his feelings of sadness that colleagues he has worked to build relationships with have been "slandered" online as a result of the situation and due to articles online that "twisted the truth" and "edited videos" that "tricked" users.

Thanks for the link dtm, not sure how I missed it. I knew this was just 2chan/4chan idiots just trying to make noise.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Given the Japanese mindset I do take the guy's statement with a grain of salt. Obviously I don't know what really happened but I do think it is bigger than his statement is making it out to be.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
The idea of having a struggling PR person slowly and surely gain confidence through the help of others until he makes his arrival on the screen voicing an anime original character would have been quite a neat thing to follow. It captures the meaning of message of Kokoro Connect quite beautifully. A shame that the mob of idiocy took over and then sent pictures of their private areas via Twitter to people who weren't even involved in this mess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2