• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Video Girl Ai's Katsura Draws Jules Verne Novel Cover

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
and even an upcoming gender-switched anime version (15 Bishōjo Hyōryūki/The Story of 15 Beautiful Girls Adrift).

... Japan.
Ian K

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Did 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea really have octopus mermaids? I sure don't remember them being in the Disney adaptation (not that that means much).
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Jules Verne still getting some notice. Also nice to see a reference to Nadia.
Ian K wrote:
Did 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea really have octopus mermaids? I sure don't remember them being in the Disney adaptation (not that that means much).

... Japan.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I wish they'd bring Video Girl Ai and the other series mentioned to the actual Shonen Jump print line instead of them saying VIZ on them, and knock down the price to the normal $8. Then I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I''s is one of my favorite manga of all time.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of Court Betten, until I read this article. I am a complete fan now.
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
skafreak51 wrote:
I wish they'd bring Video Girl Ai and the other series mentioned to the actual Shonen Jump print line instead of them saying VIZ on them, and knock down the price to the normal $8. Then I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I''s is one of my favorite manga of all time.

Or simply having a Viz Classics line and knocking down the price via that way would work too.
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Doctor Worm wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

Or simply having a Viz Classics line and knocking down the price via that way would work too.

Are the Video Girl Ai manga volumes still in print even? After I finished I''s I was excited to hear Shonen Jump also had Video Girl Ai, but I never see the manga anywhere...
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:55 am Reply with quote
You can get VGAi, but Maison Ikkoku's a pain. I'm hoping we just get some VIZBig versions of 'em.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:30 am Reply with quote
Shepperoni wrote:
Doctor Worm wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

Are the Video Girl Ai manga volumes still in print even? After I finished I''s I was excited to hear Shonen Jump also had Video Girl Ai, but I never see the manga anywhere...
Amazon still sell them. I'm starting to collect VGAi after seeing a report on Katsura's work on NHK World. He said in that report that VGAi wasn't a work of his creation, or idea, as rom-coms are not his interest, but he was "ordered to draw it" by his then publisher bosses, to which he reluctantly did, however once he started it he got into the story so much and put his all into what has resulted as his signature work. However his pet project is "Zetman" to which the things he learned and developed drawing VGAi, have been added to Zetman. What really surprises me is that Zetman hasn't been licenced and translated outside of Japan yet.
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Shepperoni wrote:
Doctor Worm wrote:
skafreak51 wrote:

Video Girl Ai is out of print, but many online stores still have a few copies of random unsold volumes in their warehouses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1