• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, April 27-May 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Are Sazae-san's ratings beginning to dip, or is it just relatively low because of Golden Week?

I noticed that, a few months ago, Sazae-san's ratings were usually at least 19 percent, and often above 20 percent, but, lately, they seem to have dipped, even before Golden Week. Is this the normal spring ratings pattern?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a trend seeing as how there are alot of things to do that week, people often vacation during that time, and most TV broadcast stations take breaks during that time anyways.

I'm still surprised DBZ Kai is doing so well ratings wise.
Tratious

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
shin chan is awesome!
MetatronM

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a trend seeing as how there are alot of things to do that week, people often vacation during that time, and most TV broadcast stations take breaks during that time anyways.

I'm still surprised DBZ Kai is doing so well ratings wise.

Why are you surprised it's doing well? Gegege no Kitaro always did very well in that time slot, and it's being cross-promoted extremely heavily with One Piece. Plus, you know, it's called "Dragon Ball."

That said, its ratings dip has little to do with Golden Week. One Piece did just fine, after all (though, to be fair, it was One Piece's 400th episode).
Araki

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
That said, its ratings dip has little to do with Golden Week. One Piece did just fine, after all (though, to be fair, it was One Piece's 400th episode).

This ranking is from two weeks ago actually, thus it's OP 399 being rated. Episode 400 aired last Sunday (10).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1