• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-05-20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
Steroid wrote:
So which week won't it appear? The 4th? The first? Or will it be the 10th, 20th, and 30th of every month? In which case, what about February?

The tentative plan is that the last week of each month will be skipped. The comic will continue to run on Wednesdays like always, otherwise.

To all readers, I am regretful that I can no longer handle doing the comic every week! Sad With a full time job sapping most of my waking hours, I really was starting to go crazy (as Zac inferred). But thanks everyone for reading, and I love checking out all your comments every week. ^^

Last edited by Jadress on Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
malik_chan

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
atlanime wrote:
Is that supposed to be a reference to Photon where he writes "Idiot" on that girls forehead.

It's explained somewhere on the first page. The girl is too oblivious and idiotic to realize what's up with Kevin,
irishninja

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
But thanks everyone for reading, and I love checking out all your comments every weel. ^^

Keep up the great work! Very Happy
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
You guys. The marker thing was explained on the first page of this thread. The fact that people are still asking (and one person asked only two posts after it was explained) is beyond me. Just read a bit closer!

Splitter wrote:
Pardon me if I'm rusty with my FY knowledge, but isn't Miaka one of the most annoying self-centered heroines in all of modern anime?

Is Kevin REALLY that desperate?!

She isn't that self-centered, actually at all. A lot of what she does in the FY anime is selfless, albeit stupid and reckless. She's only annoying because of that, and how she "gets all the guys," not because she only thinks of herself. I'm no fan of Miaka, but the girl spoiler[stabs herself in the stomach with a broken plate to save her friends in an early episode] so I don't think you could call her self-centered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm with the girls, yikes
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Bah, Paola and Nina need to mind their own business. This is Kevin. HE'LL NEVER DO ANY BETTER!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Umai_Mouri wrote:
^ Nina might seem like Yui, but then again she could also be Nakago and Paola could be Sui. lol You just never know~

Ahhh~ So, when is Kevin going to look at Megan naked and then self-combust? I mean almost everyone in FY has seen Miaka naked. Y/N?

Though I've never watch the show, if Megan is calling herself Mika, then there is a high chance of her calling Nina and Paoula anime titles as well. But what has Myoopi been doing until now?

I wonder if tKevin would actually freak out. Assuming he remembers what he learned at the H-Panel long ago.But I highly doubt this entire sitution will happen.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
A bit off-topic, but seeing 'Kevinhome' on the front page reminds me of Baskin Robbins. Y'know, they have that freezer marked 'desserts and take home', but there's never a space in 'take home'... which has lead me to read it as 'takehome' (tah-keh-hoe-meh) for years. Embarassed
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Steroid wrote:
So which week won't it appear? The 4th? The first? Or will it be the 10th, 20th, and 30th of every month? In which case, what about February?

The tentative plan is that the last week of each month will be skipped. The comic will continue to run on Wednesdays like always, otherwise.

To all readers, I am regretful that I can no longer handle doing the comic every week! :( With a full time job sapping most of my waking hours, I really was starting to go crazy (as Zac inferred). But thanks everyone for reading, and I love checking out all your comments every week. ^^

As a person who works as well, I(among others no doubt) understand work can be brutually exhausting. If they are true Anime News Nina fans, people will understand. Two webcomic writers whose comic's I've been reading for years, have had to adjust their schedule's due to work and such.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am more greatful that you work so hard to make Anime News Nina as enjoyable and interesting as it is. To make a well drawn and intelligent comic isn't as easy as it looks.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Steroid wrote:

So what about July, September, and December (which may solve itself through holidays or easier work pattern by then?) Do we get a bonus episode, or does it move to 1/2/4 (or similar so we don't have to suffer the horrible post-partum of two weeks back-to-back?)
Netstryke

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Everybody say it with me. 1 2 3 WHIPPED!

Poor boy is going to get his a** kicked by somebody.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
You guys. The marker thing was explained on the first page of this thread. The fact that people are still asking (and one person asked only two posts after it was explained) is beyond me. Just read a bit closer!

To be fair, I think dtm posted his question at the same time I posted my answer (only a minute apart, so when he was hitting Post Reply, I was hitting Submit). The rest, however...
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
To be fair, I think dtm posted his question at the same time I posted my answer (only a minute apart, so when he was hitting Post Reply, I was hitting Submit). The rest, however...

Thankyou kindly good Samaritan.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:21 am Reply with quote
Why do I get the feeling that sometime during Fanime I'm going to catch myself doing Nina's first panel chant at some point... Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote
Kevinhome is about to open a can of whoopass, anime style ! Bring on the 50 foot leaps !!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5