• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-05-20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishninja

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
As a person who works as well, I(among others no doubt) understand work can be brutally exhausting. If they are true Anime News Nina fans, people will understand. Two webcomic writers whose comic's I've been reading for years, have had to adjust their schedule's due to work and such.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am more grateful that you work so hard to make Anime News Nina as enjoyable and interesting as it is. To make a well drawn and intelligent comic isn't as easy as it looks.

Hear hear. It's hard to work multiple jobs, especially when your second job is underappreciated because it's in a creative field. We are glad for your hard work, Robin. Smile
ll Miya ll

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
At first it wouldnt work for m but now it does....
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
irishninja wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
As a person who works as well, I(among others no doubt) understand work can be brutally exhausting. If they are true Anime News Nina fans, people will understand. Two webcomic writers whose comic's I've been reading for years, have had to adjust their schedule's due to work and such.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am more grateful that you work so hard to make Anime News Nina as enjoyable and interesting as it is. To make a well drawn and intelligent comic isn't as easy as it looks.

Hear hear. It's hard to work multiple jobs, especially when your second job is underappreciated because it's in a creative field. We are glad for your hard work, Robin. :)

Agreed. Working two jobs isn't easy at all, especially when the work extremely stressful. Or my personal favorite, doing two people's job's because we are constantly understaffed or someone called in sick.

But in all seriousness, most of us are greatful just to read Anime News Network.
DamienStryker

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
I just got back in from vacation and caught up on 2 comics in a row... Man... that's rough. Anime hyper; ...

First... I can feel his pain on the whole "giving in to a pretty face" routine. I think most guys are guilty of that. Especially around a con... I think someone in a Dokuro-Chan outfit talked me into a 40 buck endeavor that I didn't regret... but did remember seeing disappear into the con after purchase... 5 minutes later. o_o; ...

Second... The process of dealing with someone who you're trying to get to know and having them take your physical person over for a fangirl moment... it's not an easy one to back out of. Sometimes, you don't really have a choice and have to take it on the chin. xD! Kevin can do better... but right now, it's a con and 90% of the people you meet there... probably won't be back anyway or you won't run into on a regular basis! Go for the whole... erm... >_>; ... "Anything for... *cough*" mentality. I think that Takehome comes out the benefactor of everyone else's hard work at the end of that series anyway so it can't be all that bad, right?

Finally... Being in the working world, making compromises is always the hard part of the situation. We all will have to give up the smaller things in order to be better of in the long run and that may be cutting back on viewing hours, talking to former friends less, or even not buying that limited edition Tenchi Muyo Boxset with the Ryo-Ohki OVA attachment and Plushie for 150$US... I mean... It's all about doing what's best for one's livelihood. Work hard and those who really care will appreciate it. Besides... waiting for something makes it that much more exciting after a while. Good luck!
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
oh amazing, amazing. A Fushigi Yuugi reference. I wonder how many didn't get it (it seems like it was ages ago that I saw it ^-^;;) Anyway, very funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dangerwhat

oh amazing, amazing. A Fushigi Yuugi reference. I wonder how many didn't get it (it seems like it was ages ago that I saw it ^-^;;) Anyway, very funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dangerwhat

Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
Is there really any need to post the same message three times? Most of us pretty much guessed it was Fushigi Yuugi.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Is there really any need to post the same message three times? Most of us pretty much guessed it was Fushigi Yuugi.

That's a bit unfair. All three timestamps are for the same minute, meaning it is likely to just be an accidental triple-post. You know, you hit "Submit", but the connection is slow or something, and so you don't think it's gone through, so you hit it again, and then again just to be sure, and then finally it does go through, except you have three posts and not one. I've seen a septuple-post (seven identical posts), so a triple-post is not all that impressive. The only thing dangerwhat did wrong was not deleting the excess posts when they had the chance.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
oops, sorry about that ^-^;;

It was indeed an accident. It usually doesn't do that to me. How do I delete my own posts?
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
dangerwhat wrote:
oops, sorry about that ^-^;;

It was indeed an accident. It usually doesn't do that to me. How do I delete my own posts?

Basically, the button to delete the post only shows up if your post is currently the latest one in a thread. It is found next to the "Quote", "Edit" and "!" buttons in the top right-hand corner of the post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5