• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shin chan Dub.DVD - Season 2 Part 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sashaisme

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
When I first watched Shin Chan (This dub), I was confused. This is funny stuff. I'll wait till I'm 18 and buy these on Ebay/Amazon, but it'll be worth it.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I saw a few eps on Adult Swim, I loved some of the eps.

If Funi ever puts up the eps for free on there site I will watch, as Adult Swim took Shin Chan off there line up early in the year and I don't have the money to shell out $40 for something I watched mostly on Adult Swim
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I always love hearing Laura Bailey, Chuck Huber, Monica Rial, and Brina Palencia exchanging inappropriate jokes in this dub. I only have the first part of the first season, but I'll eventually be getting more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:37 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I saw a few eps on Adult Swim, I loved some of the eps.

If Funi ever puts up the eps for free on there site I will watch, as Adult Swim took Shin Chan off there line up early in the year and I don't have the money to shell out $40 for something I watched mostly on Adult Swim

Unless funi decides to have some sub versions out.Would definately increase the value of the series.

Also it's really over the top,and still AS top series besides bleach and CG. Hopefully new epsiodes will come out.

and one note about the review,sure the storyline ain't good but i'll give a B- instead of a C+. Though the dub version is really great,except for Sabat's role as the narrator,at least it wasn't as bad as the 2nd season of Negima which was downright awful in my view.

[b]"Dark,deep voices and overhyper narrators don't mix at all."

But other than that it's a rather good dub version.Might be even better than the dubbing of Hellsing and Black Lagoon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mikuru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
Why are there no subs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1