• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Kind of surprised these guys are still around in spite of how horrible they've been doing in recent years between delayed or cancelled releases and the massive layoffs they suffered a few years back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Unsurprising Yosuga no Sora has been delayed, because we all know by now that MB is completely incapable of meeting their own deadlines like normal companies. New Release date is July 14th according to Rightstuf. Rolling Eyes

We have these in stock.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Unsurprising Yosuga no Sora has been delayed, because we all know by now that MB is completely incapable of meeting their own deadlines like normal companies. New Release date is July 14th according to Rightstuf. Rolling Eyes

We have these in stock.

That's where I've had it pre-ordered since April, though...I think I was charged for it on 6/20 but so far no shipping email or packages. Though, I would have gotten it by now if you had shipped it since I'm only a state away from your HQ, so it usually arrives in only 2-3 days. I understand you guys are having some technical hiccups and delays because of the switchover though, it's not a big deal as long as not charged twice for it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
It's back... maybe. From Amazon:

Ladies versus Butlers

August 25, 2015 and the cover image says Blu-ray while information is DVD so that's not promising at all. Chances of this being dubbed are average at best as the information isn't that clear.

Chances of this meeting its target... I can't even finish that statement. Possibly November?

It'll be interesting if that is the cover considering that not only was the manga not released here, but if wikipedia is correct, there it only lasted for one volume (same year) while the light novels lasted for 6 years and 12 volumes.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
My copy of Yosuga No Sora arrived today from Rightstuf. I REALLY like the disc art they used.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
Still no word at all on mine.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
I'd open a case with them if you hasn't heard from them yet.they are very good about replying pretty fast. Could it also be possible that it is part of another order that does not yet have at least 50% items in stock?
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
I'd open a case with them if you hasn't heard from them yet.they are very good about replying pretty fast. Could it also be possible that it is part of another order that does not yet have at least 50% items in stock?

Tokyo Ravens Part 2 is also in the order but that's listed as "In Stock" too, so I don't think that would be holding it up. Anyway, I let them know about it, so hopefully the issue will be solved shortly.
Dfens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Is media blasters ever going to release Ladies vs Butlers? It was delayed then the release date was pushed back then it said out of stock now it says unavailable.

I might as well download again if I want to ever rewatch it again since every time I try to purchase it something comes up.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer, any update from RS? I'm curious to know what the delay was... as it seems they sold out of the stock they received. The product page says unavailable at the moment so something if going on with the release, minus the disk error that was reported on facebook.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Has there been any word on the release of Yamibou? I recall it was licensed by MB a good while ago but I don't think it ever got a release date.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Is media blasters ever going to release Ladies vs Butlers? It was delayed then the release date was pushed back then it said out of stock now it says unavailable.

Well, the last release date provided was the 25th August. Since then the BD version seem to have disappeared completely (it's not on TRSI at any rate).

Megiddo wrote:
Has there been any word on the release of Yamibou? I recall it was licensed by MB a good while ago but I don't think it ever got a release date.

Well, back in May they said it was "not dead. I will somehow make it happen.." but that it was not a priority.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Kruszer, any update from RS? I'm curious to know what the delay was... as it seems they sold out of the stock they received. The product page says unavailable at the moment so something if going on with the release, minus the disk error that was reported on facebook.

The guy I talked to said something about their warehouse being jam-packed and over cluttered and that he thinks it was waiting for Tokyo Ravens part 2 in order to ship and that it should ship out whenever they get more of it. Meanwhile Tokyo Ravens part 2 has been listed as in-stock for a long time now according to the website, but I think I trust his computer's records more than the new semi-dysfunctional website.

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

I might as well download again if I want to ever rewatch it again since every time I try to purchase it something comes up.

I wouldn't buy it anyways because it's just going to be a zero-QC DVD-R. No BD was one thing, but DVD-R is completely unacceptable. Completely. Zero excuse. Screw these guys, it's time for their company to cease existing. Don't worry, they'll find other jobs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 18