• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
B’z Guitarist Tak Matsumoto Unveils Newest Solo Project, “Strings of My Soul”

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purpledarts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Tagged as the most notorious guitarist in his homeland, Tak is best known for his tenure as half of the duo known as B’z, the most successful Japanese hard/blues rock act to date, with more than 80 million albums sold in the last 20 years. In Japan, they play venues like the Yokohama International Stadium to 140,000 people.

Outside of the successful duo, Tak is also an incredible solo artist who is often revered by the likes of Larry Carlton, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Robben Ford, Keb Mo, Pat Metheny and even Eric Clapton. Matsumoto’s guitar experimentation led him from jazz and blues to hard rock and pop; a journey evident on the new album "Strings of My Soul," out since August 7. He considers this album "a new album of myself," while revisiting all of his past favorites songs.

An eclectic mix of jazz, blues and rock, "Strings of My Soul" demonstrates Tak’s incredible guitar ability and technique, as well as his constant instrumental exploration. To get a taste of the Japanese six-string virtuoso’s work, take a listen and/or get the album at: http://335records.com/wordpress/?page_id=368
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1