• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 7th Pokemon Movie on Kids'WB

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
Isn't it time to call it quits on a series of once-successful
films you have to pay to broadcast, just so kids will know the latest one exists?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
Some people say the movies are/were good. I know the 2nd one amused me long after it stopped airing on Cartoon Network ad nauseum ("I could use pants")

I'm still waiting for them or someone else to air the Yu-gi-oh World Championships.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Have they actually made any money on any new Pokemon movie? I mean, I think very few people know that they've even made seven movies. The last movie I think they made a decent amount of money on was the third movie, and it was nowhere near as successful as the first movie. The fourth movie (Pokemon 4ever) didn't even make it into nationwide theaters, and neither did Pokemon Heroes (the fifth) or Pokemon: Jirachi Wishmaker (the sixth), and DVD sales were poor as well.

The movies were good for their target audience, but not much more.
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Well being so far the only Pokemon fan to post so far I can hoentsly say I can't wait. I heard that Pokemon AG movies (6 and 7) are better then the first 5 movies. the thing is that the comapny that realed 4, 5, 6 & 7 is not WB but Diseny is why 4 and 4 were not relsed nation wide and why 6 and 7 was not relsed in thetres at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't this be the first time that they aired a pokemon movie on WB? So far they've all aired on Cartoon Network.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Well, I knew there were 6 movies... but then I do visit this highly informative site. Wink Ok, seriously though, I missed/forgot about any mention of a 7th movie.

I'll admit, I have this weird soft spot for Pokemon. I just like it. I'll definately watch the movie when it airs. Speaking of which, maybe KidsWB has it because the recent commercials for them have been saying that they're The Place for Pokemon... and I think they've stopped airing episodes on Cartoon Network.

Also, I'm with you Joe, I'm waiting to see if KidsWB or CN will pick up the Yugioh movie. I'm curious about it and if I'm going to "waste 90 minutes of my life and nothing I can summon can make up for that" as the reviews say, I'd rather do it in my own home... where I already waste my time. Rolling Eyes
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Angel Lily wrote:
Well being so far the only Pokemon fan to post so far

Beat you to it, if you count being selective about what part of the franchise you like as being a fan. I stopped watching the TV show years ago, but the movies were still interesting, since they broke from the monotony of the series. Also, despite what anyone says about them being "kiddy," the RPG video games are definately good games, even if the formula is starting to wear thin after six (counting the different versions, 10) games. (But that never stopped other series from making games...*cough*Final Fantasy*cough*.) As a sort of confession, it was Pokemon that got me into anime and video games in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1