• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko | Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko | Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl

Unlicensed [edit] 3/4/13, this series has been licensed by NIS America[/edit]

OP: "Os-Alien" by Erio wa Kamatte-chan

ED:
"Ruru (ルル)" by Etsuko Yakushimaru

Plot Summary:
Quote:
The story revolves around a highschool boy named Niwa Makoto. He lives with his aunt’s family since his parents are away on business. It is there where he meets his mysterious cousin of the same age Touwa Erio — who happens to tie a futon mattress around her upper body and is a self-proclaimed alien. Her staple food is pizza. Erio had been missing for half a year and was found floating in the sea. She doesn't remember anything about what happened during that period of time, but she began to think that it was the act of an alien and wanders the neighbourhood wrapped in the futon.

(Minor edit of my CR post)

My reaction: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Yea, major confusion from the first episode.

The direction of this anime is unclear at this moment, and is... Strange. The strange characters, namely Futon-chan (girl above), are the drive of this show so far. Apparently she warns the protagonist, Niwa Makoto, about the Earth being targeted by aliens. She claims to be an alien as well. This episode shows the progression of Niwa Makoto moving from the countryside to the city - where he is told that it's watched by aliens. This being a SHAFT adaption, there's bound to be interesting events.

Last edited by EmbraceMe on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
iblis666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
the girl is very attractive but mad as a hatter but then again this whole anime reminds me a bit of Arakawa under the Bridge
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
Oh, an ED by Yakushimaru Etsuko. I like her (and Shaft seems to like her, too? huh).

Shaft head tilt count: 4 so far (not bad). General head tilting - I couldn't keep track. Despair head tilt: 0 (come on...).
The dialogue's clever enough to keep track, and though it doesn't have the Arakawa craziness, the latter frankly bored me after a while.

The Denpa girl's introductory line, isn't that a spoof on Yuki Nagato's famous opener? It certainly sounds very close in Japanese, and you know how they like their references based on words. And it ends with "sore ga anata" instead of "sore ga watashi".

I applaud their efforts with art there, it looks good.
jxsilicon9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
So will this really be about aliens? Or will it turn out she is crazy? I haven't read the manga or light novels.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. I've been treated well by SHAFT in the past so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Found both the pacing and the dialogue to be nice and quick. Our main character and his aunt already seem to have a good back and forth going. Weird alien in a blanket cousin's pretty easy on the eyes. Think I'm going to end up enjoying this one.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else love our main guy? I mean he moves into town, in pursuit of a glorious life where he is living alone and screwing as many cute girls as possible! Heck he checked them all out in the first day of school. Way to go bro!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Pffft, until he boffs his dippy, milfy Aunt and cute, crazy cousin (at the same time, of course) he gets no mad propz from me. Wink
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Did anyone else love our main guy? I mean he moves into town, in pursuit of a glorious life where he is living alone and screwing as many cute girls as possible! Heck he checked them all out in the first day of school. Way to go bro!

Yes I loved him as well. As a teenage boy, he's got his priorities in the right places. The first thing I do when I walk into a classroom for the first time is scout out the talent level of the fairer sex.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
The art reminds me more of JC Staff than SHAFT's usual work.

Loved the characters so far. They're all plenty quirky, and I loved the how futon-chan ate her pizza. Well, I loved all of her interactions with the other characters so far.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Protagonist: I certainly hope I don't turn into a crow by the end of this series. YOU HEAR ME SHAFT?
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the kid's ongoing puberty points tally. First episode struck me as quirky in a good way and cute. I'm sticking with this one.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 am Reply with quote
This really seems to be, for me at least, the most promising show of the season.

And with tonight's episode implying that Erio may in fact just be batshit insane and be mentally blocking out what happened to her from June to November merely adds another ingredient into the mix.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, at this rate I'm expecting the aunt may eventually break down and respond to Erio's behavior either really harshly or violently at some point, unlike that wacky throw into the door from episode 1.

Also, OP's one of my favorite this season and I dare say I think it may be the most 'implying' OP of the season, that is to say that the lyrics may actually have a lot of meaning to the show.

I'm wavering on whether I think Erio's crazy or is actually an alien... I'm leaning on the latter the most though and that by the next episode or two we should see something happen to imply the latter as well.

Please don't let me down shaft, Madoka turned out pretty freaking awesome, make this be just as good if not better.
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote
She could very well be. Denpa can mean nonsense/crazy stuff, so it's very possible. And I'm liking the main character so far for seeming a pretty reasonable fellow. He's got the somewhat unusual Shaft harem lead vibe to him, with all the strange pretties flocking to him (and damn, aren't they pretty, those character designs... she even makes the sandwich costume sexy).
spoiler[Did he just easily lift a person together with a futon out of the water? That is... impressive.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote
So dude has moved to a city full of very cute, very insane chix, huh? Well, that's your basic good news/bad news scenario. I love Alien Girl, but her lisp when she is wrapped in the futon is particularly adorable.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who "goes there" in terms of Flaky Mom - Alien Girl threeway possibilities?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote
I'm a few steps ahead and have already included 2 classmates.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7