• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Week's New Haruhi Episode Now Streaming on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightvenom

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
nightvenom wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Hopefully someone will get on the ball with this in the future and have it subtitled online.

There is, and I don't know If I am allowed to post links though.

Pms I guess ?

I meant legally. Fansubs being streamed on Youtube is common, I know, and may be better than downloading (since it discourages people from keeping episodes), but it's still not the same as a 100% legal subtitled release ala Funimation's stuff or Crunchyroll.

Quote:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.sos-dan.ru/&ei=uCAfSrvbCJnglQfzqdSABg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsos-dan.ru%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DfD

This is the list of the episodes and the dates that they will be airing. You have to scroll down a little to see it. Hopefully that would make SOMEbody slightly less confused/more informed.

How legit is this site? A lot of these lists are pure speculation based off the light novels.

The site I know isn't legal so to speak, but it does stream full high quality/ HD episodes from reputable subber's.

And it isn't youtube.
megas88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Umm.. with all this whining about 'legal' subs on youtube.. you know, any Haruhi and Lucky Star material uploaded to Youtube, potentially benefits Kadokawa all the same? The deal they have with Youtube is like Universal Music's deal. Rather than take down the infringing video, they identify it and any ad revenue from it goes to them.

Secondly to be as aggressive with fansubs as Funi and d-Rights and MFI are would basically kill their fanbase (who spends tons of money on merchandise even if they don't spend any on DVDs)

Yes, but then you put into account how many people use the download trick to avoid actually watching anything on youtube and just viewing it via vlc. I can't wait for the next ep. It's so exciting seeing Haruhi back.
As one more thing for this whole legal debate. Without fansubs I don't think there'd be that many people who know Haruhi in the first place. The series got dubbed cause of not only the popularity in Japan but because of all the supporting banners and fanbase seen across the net. So once again thank you to the hard working true supporters of this and so man more anime ^^.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3