Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shin Megami Tensei IV RPG's 2nd Trailer Posted




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> UK -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Uh...talk about mixed bag. =_=

This was a game I was really looking forward to, but...this is just coming off as really low budget... Making the game entirely 3D...only to have battles go into first person perspective WITH SPRITES...it's just weird as hell and doesn't mesh well at all.

I could see them wanting to mix elements from SMT of the old, and SMT of the new (only game belonging to that club being Nocturne), but it just doesn't work well in execution.

It's a nitpick, but if they JUST got rid of the sprites and went with 3D models for the battles...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Oh boy! Can't wait to get screwed over again because I'm European, sure love that being treated like a forth world citizen because I'm European thing.

Love it to death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Oh boy! Can't wait to get screwed over again because I'm European, sure love that being treated like a forth world citizen because I'm European thing.

Love it to death.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Lucifers-​Call-​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei/​dp/​B0009F19TM/​ref=​sr_1_1?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Devil/​dp/​B000FVA568/​ref=​sr_1_2?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Devil/​dp/​B000KVROZS/​ref=​sr_1_3?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Atlus-​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Strange/​dp/​B002VA593A/​ref=​sr_1_4?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​4
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Koei-​Persona-​3-​FES-​PS2/​dp/​B001D50TF2/​ref=​sr_1_5?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​5
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Summoner-​Kuzunoha/​dp/​B000LCSPXQ/​ref=​sr_1_6?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​6
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Square-​Enix-​Persona-​4-​PS2/​dp/​B001Q9EK82/​ref=​sr_1_7?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​7
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Devil-​Survivor/​dp/​B001QTW2HS/​ref=​sr_1_8?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​8
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Devil-​Survivor-​DS-​USA-​version/​dp/​B0054J1LBO/​ref=​sr_1_9?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​9
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Persona-​PSP/​dp/​B00356GVRW/​ref=​sr_1_10?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​10
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Portable-​Collectors/​dp/​B004U42DY8/​ref=​sr_1_12?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Collectors/​dp/​B000MR0LM8/​ref=​sr_1_13?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​13

I'm confused. WHERE are you getting screwed over again? From what I can tell, the only game that Europeans would have getting trouble on getting is Devil Summoner 2...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DRWii



Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 402

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
this is just coming off as really low budget... Making the game entirely 3D...only to have battles go into first person perspective WITH SPRITES...it's just weird as hell and doesn't mesh well at all.

Yeah, can't help but agree. Although I wouldn't say "low-budget" as much as "half-hearted" or "lazy." I mean, it looks like they're literally re-using sprites from "Strange Journey." I'm hoping I'll get used to it by the time it comes out (assuming it gets a US release).

EDIT: Just noticed...
Quote:
Hiroshi Kamiya (Nisemonogatari's Aragaki, Polar Bear's Café's Penguin)

It's "Araragi," not "Aragaki."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
rockman nes



Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
Can not WAIT for Lark Anderson to review this.

"DIS GAEM SUK BECUZ IT NOT PLA LIK PERSOONA 3/4 HERP DERP"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTJB



Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 570
Location: Dubuque, IA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks like some sort of time travel theme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
Oh boy! Can't wait to get screwed over again because I'm European, sure love that being treated like a forth world citizen because I'm European thing.

Love it to death.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Lucifers-​Call-​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei/​dp/​B0009F19TM/​ref=​sr_1_1?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Devil/​dp/​B000FVA568/​ref=​sr_1_2?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Devil/​dp/​B000KVROZS/​ref=​sr_1_3?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Atlus-​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Strange/​dp/​B002VA593A/​ref=​sr_1_4?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​4
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Koei-​Persona-​3-​FES-​PS2/​dp/​B001D50TF2/​ref=​sr_1_5?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​5
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Summoner-​Kuzunoha/​dp/​B000LCSPXQ/​ref=​sr_1_6?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​6
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Square-​Enix-​Persona-​4-​PS2/​dp/​B001Q9EK82/​ref=​sr_1_7?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​7
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Devil-​Survivor/​dp/​B001QTW2HS/​ref=​sr_1_8?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​8
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Devil-​Survivor-​DS-​USA-​version/​dp/​B0054J1LBO/​ref=​sr_1_9?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​9
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Persona-​PSP/​dp/​B00356GVRW/​ref=​sr_1_10?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​10
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Portable-​Collectors/​dp/​B004U42DY8/​ref=​sr_1_12?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/​Shin-​Megami-​Tensei-​Digital-​Collectors/​dp/​B000MR0LM8/​ref=​sr_1_13?​ie=​UTF8&​qid=​1347909410&​sr=​8-​13

I'm confused. WHERE are you getting screwed over again? From what I can tell, the only game that Europeans would have getting trouble on getting is Devil Summoner 2...

See, that is one thing, but almost all of those are region free. What separates those from Persona 4 Arena and, enviably, this game is that they are region locked.

And, no doubt, Ghostlight will have issues getting the game out in a manor that doesn't invite piracy or, worse, giving Nintendo money for an imported 3DS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> UK -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group