• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Dax Production Makes Lego Chima CG Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
The Lego Thunder-Cats rip-off NO ONE WANTED! * I know its childish, but still butt-hurt they put something like this on so soon after they put T-cats on indefinate hiatus.

*Although the season 1 reruns seem to do decently well on Toonami/[Adult Swim] so who knows maybe someday it can comeback as a Toonami/AS series.

But yeah, this LEGO stuff, not my cup of tea-man. Least not like this.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Huh. Even I'm surpised this was mentioned on ANN.

Soundmonkey44 wrote:
The Lego Thunder-Cats rip-off NO ONE WANTED! * I know its childish, but still butt-hurt they put something like this on so soon after they put T-cats on indefinate hiatus.

Ya know if Bionicle was still around, I would've liked it better if there was a TV show for that at least. Things like Ninjago and Chima.... I don't know. They don't exactly scream, "unique to lego" ya know what I mean?

But having Chima and these kind of lego shows is honestly part of a bigger problem I've been having with Cartoon Network and other TV networks and that's this fixation to green-light shows based on brand-name recognition and can specifically sell toy merchandise. I get times are hard economcially, but it's frustrating to see eggs always put in a single basket and not see much actual, original shows anymore. Instead original shows like Sym-bionic Titan are cancelled early and paved away for shows with brand name recognition and even toy merch like Young Justice and Green Lantern just so those shows can hardly get better treatment too.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, same here, I get that most TV networks have grown increasingly desperate in the 21st century, but CN has really mistreated most of its action-based animations. *As for YJ & GLTAS i'm sure Demarco & his crew will save the reruns and put those on Toonami eventually like they did with Titans & T-Cats*

But yeah, I think a bigger part is CN's current management Snyder & co arn't the best heads CN has had, i'm still *probably pointlessly* hoping then next time they switch their head honchos up that Action based animations will get better treatment*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1