• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Basilisk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Since registerting the domain name a month ago and stating that this year they'd go "Gonzo" Funimation has announced today at Wizard World Philly; that they have the licenses to the "Basilisk" series which is airing in Japan right now!
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Man I was hoping for Speed Grapher. Now that is a series that will blow you away. (pun intended)
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Man I was hoping for Speed Grapher. Now that is a series that will blow you away. (pun intended)

I know, I've seen the first couple eps and they rock, Its odd that a show about a photographer would be so damn good! But Basilisk is good too!
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

I know, I've seen the first couple eps and they rock, Its odd that a show about a photographer would be so damn good! But Basilisk is good too!

If or when FUNi does acquire the license for Speed Grapher, they're probably waiting until a bigger event like AnimeExpo comes so they can announce it to a larger audience. Speed Grapher is suppose to be Gonzo's highest-profiled project for 2005, correct?
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
It baffles me that Speed Grapher is more popular than Basilisk here with the fanbase though; considering the fact that Basilisk is more action! you'd think it would have more of an impact with the fan base(Still its a damn good show) I guess even this proves that a well written story always triumps over action anytime!
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
A well writen story will always be better than anything with a ton of Action. Beside Speed Grapher has that film noir feel to it. Hell it even at times feels like something Frank Miller would do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1