• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Live-Action 20th Century Boys Film Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully an anime TV series will come after this and my life can be complete. I'm like frothing at the mouth waiting for it.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:
Hopefully an anime TV series will come after this and my life can be complete. I'm like frothing at the mouth waiting for it.

I still say I'd like to see a live action TV series. The art for 20th Century Boys, more than almost any manga I've ever seen, really lends itself to a live action feel.

Which brings me to my reaction to all these trailers: holy cow but these actors look exactly like the manga!

And I see that they were smart and saved enough money to decently handle the post-apocalyptic hellscape necessary for the final act of the series. I hope these movies are as good as the trailers have made them out to be. I hope I get a chance to see them.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
I want these movies to be released on R1 DVDs so badly. 20th Century Boys is absolutely my favorite manga. I wouldn't mind seeing an animated television series, too.

I've already seen the first movie, they did an excellent job capturing the story and the characters. Some of the actors and actresses were spitting images of their roles from the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
Anybody know when the second movie comes out on R2 DVD?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote
So they're screening the first 2 at some NA festival. Has there been any word of any company picking it up for release here?

I'm sure some company has taken company by now. Tokyo Shock could be good or Sony. But I'm sure there could be better choices.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Zipper wrote:

I still say I'd like to see a live action TV series. The art for 20th Century Boys, more than almost any manga I've ever seen, really lends itself to a live action feel.

Which brings me to my reaction to all these trailers: holy cow but these actors look exactly like the manga!

And I see that they were smart and saved enough money to decently handle the post-apocalyptic hellscape necessary for the final act of the series. I hope these movies are as good as the trailers have made them out to be. I hope I get a chance to see them.

Me too. You'd have thought that VIZ Pictures would have licensed them already.
Xagor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Anybody know when the second movie comes out on R2 DVD?

I have heard the plan is to get all 3 out by October-ish, but we'll see how that goes. My dad and uncle are involved directly with 4 Digital Media the people who have picked up all the movies in the UK. The second movie is currently doing the rounds with festivals I think. Possibility of it being at the ICA like the first movie but no guarantee.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1