• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Show us your Media Shelves (primarily anime).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Ok, lets see your DVD shelves.

Some basic rules:
1.) No fansubs
2.) No bootlegs, please remove these from the shelves before taking a picture of them
3.) No lists, please provide links to images or use the [img][/img] tags to make them viewable, but if you do, please consider resizing them to fit at least a 800x600 screen.
4.) Try also to keep the file size small, quite a few people are on dialup, so 256KB is an appropriate size for this thread.

Last edited by kusanagi-sama on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:03 pm; edited 15 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
y? its fun showing off! Very Happy

ph34r

Link

[EDIT: Turned pic into link to cut loading for dial up users. -TK]
crion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Sure. I needed an excuse to take another picture of it anyway.

Link

[EDIT: Turned pic into link to cut loading for dial up users. -TK]
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
WOW Shocked

I see you have everything in alphabetical order. I try to do the same, but in the case of Macross and Tenchi Muyo, I try to put those in logical chronological order as they occured in the storyline.

Sort of like:
SDF Macross
Macross DYRL (If I were to buy if it were ever licensed)
Macross Flashback 2012 (If I were to buy if it were ever licensed)
Macross 7 (If I were to buy if it were ever licensed)
Macross Plus
Macross Plus Movie edition
Macross II

Or
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki OVA 1 and 2
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki OVA 3
However, where does Tenchi in Tokyo and Tenchi in Love and the movies occur?

Although, I'll probably have that much in two years or so.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
crion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
WOW Shocked

I see you have everything in alphabetical order. I try to do the same, but in the case of Macross and Tenchi Muyo, I try to put those in logical chronological order as they occured in the storyline.

Alas, collections at AnimeonDVD.com, mentioned by Steventheeunuch, far outclass mine. As for organizing my collection, I generally try to keep things together - i.e. Ah! My Goddess movie and Oh! My Goddess OVAs. I keep the box sets separately for logistics reasons (they fit on the shelf better together). Though I just noticed that I have Crest and Banner of the stars separated - I guess I'll fix that next time I move things around.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
crion wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:
WOW Shocked

Alas, collections at AnimeonDVD.com, mentioned by Steventheeunuch, far outclass mine. As for organizing my collection, I generally try to keep things together - i.e. Ah! My Goddess movie and Oh! My Goddess OVAs. I keep the box sets separately for logistics reasons (they fit on the shelf better together). Though I just noticed that I have Crest and Banner of the stars separated - I guess I'll fix that next time I move things around.

I noticed that you have the Ah! My Goddess movie before the OVA's when it should be the other way around.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I put the Oh My Goddess! OVAs after the Ah! My Goddess movie too, since I'm just arranging them by the American title, for the most part.

Kosuke Fujishima prefers "Oh" to "Ah", according to AnimEigo anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow crion, good job! I wish I had a lot of money that didn't require an actual job Laughing, but seriously, this what I've been able to conjur up within the last 3 or so years soley using what I made off of house chore allowances and ocassionally starving myself when going to friends' houses Razz.

Link

Most of those boxes only have one DVD in them, but about 12 of them are full. It's not much, but I'll continue to work on it Wink.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
YIKES!! Shocked Shocked
After looking at those collections, I'm both jealous and drooling at the same time. Well....maybe someday I'll have a collection at least half the size of them.
gilrules2000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
wow you guys spend so much money on that stuff. I guess when you have a job the skie's the limit Sad
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
gilrules2000 wrote:
wow you guys spend so much money on that stuff. I guess when you have a job the skie's the limit Sad

Actually, all the stuff I got was with years of saving my allowances, not using food money, birthday, Christmas, and debt money (owed to me, that is Razz).

If I had a job, I'd have better shelves than the crap I have now. If you take a DVD out the wrong way, the whole thing starts leaning Anime cry.
benbboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
well....cant say my shelves are anything like that..but noticed one thing. Both Tony K. and Crion had X and it was contained in a box....where'd you buy that at....i haven't seen it before.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
benbboy wrote:
Both Tony K. and Crion had X and it was contained in a box....where'd you buy that at....i haven't seen it before.

It's a Limited Edition collector's box. You can get it if you find the Vol.1 that has it, though it's becoming harder and harder to find. Each volume also has a Limited Edition slipcase version. I got the box and all 8 volumes with the LE slipcases from eBay for $185. Yeah, expensive, but it's currently my #3 favorite series of all-time, and I appreciate every dollar I spent on it Anime catgrin.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Regretfully I don't have a camera to take a picture of my anime DVD collection, but it's probably slightly larger than Crion's top three rows of shelves (i.e. somewhere north of 250 DVDs).

And yes, I have a job, and yes, a significant chunk of my discretionary spending each month goes to anime.

And yes, I also go strictly in alphabetical order except for the Ah!/Oh! My Goddess! thing. The upside is that you always know exactly where any given DVD is, the downside is that you have to adjust your shelves on a regular basis to make room for the new stuff. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ssj Rock Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
Well I dont have a camera to post my anime collection but i would like to see the ones on animeonDVD.com if there are as good as I've heard. can someone post a link or something from there?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 86