• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problem With Logging Out From Fora

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
When I log out -- and it does not matter what operating system that I am using at the time -- I must make certain that none of the tabs are displaying a forum page. If a forum page is displayed when I am logging out, then all of the threads in all of the fora are marked as unread read. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this phenomenon?

Last edited by nobahn on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
Forum threads have always all been marked as read for me when I close the browser, log in from another machine, log into another server (US vs UK) or even just leave not perform any activity for an extended period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I guess what I am hoping for is that Dan42 will add this to his -- admittedly long -- list of things to work on.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I think it is an inherent issue with this version of phpBB - not the only site where I have had to put up with this, although the added complication here is that if I log into the main part of the site but do not access the forums, it still marks everything as read.

Another site with this behaviour had been http://forums.animeuknews.net/ (also using phpBB), although since they were recently forced to upgrade the forum software it has been remember my read/unread status.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Ditto. As far as I know, all phpBB-based fora I've visited have the same functionality / problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1