• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dragon Ball Z for Kinect's 2 Gameplay Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Words cannot describe how excited I am for this game. My arm muscles are gonna get huge! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't really look that great to me.

At least the voice acting is decent for once, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
killa5k7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
You have to admit...its a pretty kick ass concept. I would have killed for something like this back when I would come home from school and watch DBZ. If the battles are anything like the show...it may leave you wore the heck out...."Next Time on Dragon Ball Z" 30 minute battle for 20 or so episodes...lmao.
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote
Great concept and would be good for fun, buuuuuut it's one of those games where you'd feel embarrassed about playing sometimes.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
Perhaps this section of fans are used to terrible anime games and can't see how awful this project looks in comparison to games in general and even the last decade of DBZ games, portable or otherwise.

>_>

The generic punches have poor hit detection and the recoil from being hit isn't terrible as well. Once you do enough hits (or take enough) a cutscene activates which you can only press on the attack or escape through doing particular body prompts (assuming your energy levels match up). Special attacks are more limited and have iffy detection, for some reason characters have different charging stances...

Even without me seeing it first hand, it's clearly a bad project...

Ultimate Tenkaichi was the worst console DBZ game in over a generation and this proves itself to be worse.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this looks awful. It's Ultimate Tenkaichi with Kinect. Both of those are generally bad on their own, and putting them together might as well be kryptonite to good game design.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1