• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Further Anime Available on Netflix U.K.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
We've always been anime deprived in the UK, but this list definitely doesn't make me want to buy Netflix to watch the anime. Maybe we'll get up to par soon enough with the rest of the world, even France and Germany are doing better with anime than us and we typically share a lot in common with those countries.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote
I am tempted by the presence of Emma but... It's still not enough Netflix, you'll have to do better than that.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote
oh come on you're saying £6 for 1 month is too much??? when Manga Ent UK made people pay about £80(at launch) then £40 for Robotech when you could watch it free and legally on youtube??
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Mogtaki wrote:
Maybe we'll get up to par soon enough with the rest of the world, even France and Germany are doing better with anime than us and we typically share a lot in common with those countries.

I find the BBFC to be scapegoats of a scale sufficiently encompassing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Mogtaki wrote:
Maybe we'll get up to par soon enough with the rest of the world, even France and Germany are doing better with anime than us and we typically share a lot in common with those countries.

I find the BBFC to be scapegoats of a scale sufficiently encompassing.

In what way cause legally France is on par with us in terms of what's ok and what isn't.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
It is not typically the issues of censorship that is to our collective chagrin, but moreover the unwavering classification fees issued to local companies. Much has been typed in lamentation over such a point, if I correctly recall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It is not typically the issues of censorship that is to our collective chagrin, but moreover the unwavering classification fees issued to local companies. Much has been typed in lamentation over such a point, if I correctly recall.

Well they could save on those fees by not bothering with a dub i just wish the UK distros would work with the French and German distros to add an English subtitle track so we can save the same as what's out on the continent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1