• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fire Bomber's Macross FB7 Film Theme Song Previewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this song a LOT, still nothing beats ANGEL VOICE.

I am a huge Macross 7 fan.

So glad to see during the last couple years we are going back the great anime of old times, keep them coming, down with generic fanserive, harem, ecchi and moe series ---> before someone complains -as always- to defend his favorite generic -insert mentioned genre- series or simple todays vastly generic anime notice I reiterate "generic" because I am no blind and I know and actually love series on that genres that are actually good.

Growing up watching anime from the 70s 80s even 90s makes you see the huge difference with todays anime, of course contemporary fans will not notice it but the "magic" those of us that have been exposed to anime from those eras cannot help it but notice it, I love many contemporary anime too, but dunno the magic I feel from series of the 80s mainly I cannot feel it in todays anime, its hard to explain that feeling I call "magic".

Anyway looking forward to more Macross 7, my favorite macross series, nothing beats the great and kick ass NEKKI BASARA!!

TO emulate that word that todays hardcore fans use a lot: the songs/music of Macross 7 is GODLY!! Laughing
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Except Macross 7 wasn't part of the "great anime of old times". Rolling Eyes
Tochiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
A trailer for FB7 went live yesterday but appears to be region locked, sorry.
http://macross30.com/fb7/movie.html
vision33r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Agree, Japanese anime is pretty much dead. There's zero anime with unique story telling. Just randomly drawn characters with the same fan service based content.

Not only are the stories bad, the character designs all look like recycled pieces from other animes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1