• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: K-ON's Mio, Reborn's Hibari are #1 Bride, Groom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't know whether to be amused or saddened at just how pathetic this is...
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Mio has that whole "kind of looks a little bit like Rei Hino" thing going on, but I'd just as likely go for Tsumugi since she wouldn't always be cowering in a corner and she'd pour me a lot of tea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
While I realize this poll and its results are meant to be taken as light and harmless fun, the one reason I shudder is because I wonder if, among the participants, there was anybody of a similar mindset to that otaku in Japan who tried to petition for an marriage license to wed Mikuru Asahina of TMoHS last year.

In fact, when I saw the list I was surprised Mikuru wasn't on there, what with the fuss that had been made over that petition. It is a pleasant surprise that Yuki's there though, this tells me that a lot of people favour the intelligent, kickarse character over the deliberate moeblob.

cnet128 wrote:
That and the fact that there are only so many Dracos In Leather Pants you can have before the market is well and truly saturated.

Let me know when we reach that point.

spooksmagee wrote:
I don't get why anyone would want to "marry" Yuki. I mean she's cute and all, but what would you talk about? She never was the conversationalist.

When she does talk, it's intelligent and meaningful. I'll take that over someone who talks constantly without really saying anything.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Emerje"]
minakichan wrote:

So, what, is Sasuke banned from this poll? That's the only reason I can think of as to why he isn't #1 on the list.

Emerje

That's what I was wondering.. That's who my vote would go to anyway.
Even though I think this is all just in fun the 2D complex thing is kind of sad.
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I see several commenting how "stupid" or "pathetic" this is. I don't think this is supposed to be taken seriously (and I hope most people don't).

I'm surprised Sheryl made the list instead of Ranka.

I remember seeing a Youtube video that made a joke about Hibari having "screaming fangirls" which I kinda shrugged off back then 'cause I didn't think he was that popular. Rolling Eyes

I could see why Mio is popular, but I didn't like how crybaby she was when I read the manga. I do love "don't say lazy" though.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Well in the spirit of fun, as far as things I've been watching somewhat recently it'd go in this order...

#1 - Horo - ... how the heck is she not on the list??? (probably not popular enough I know.. but still sad, definitely deserving)
#2 - Taiga
#3 - Elelu (I just started watching Utawarerumono so it's new to me Razz)

I honestly don't think the whole fantasy bit is really all that unusual, if anything I'd claim those arguing against it are the weird people.
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
...Woah, there's no Hetalia characters. That surprised me.
But if I had to pick a fictional character to marry, it'd definitley be Vocaloid's KAITO. -shakes head at these ladies tastes-

I'm also surprised at the alarming lack of anyone from Kannagi, considering the massive fanclub Nagi had before with its $100 dollar member cards. I know alot of the more shallow fans left her after 'that' revelation, but I thought Zange-chan was still popular...
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quote
Even though I am a huge Reborn fan and really glad so many characters made it I really have to shake my head at the my fellow Japanese females masochistic tendencies.
FOR GOODNESS SAKES HIBARI, MUKURO, SOUGO AND SEBESTIAN WILL KILL YOU IF YOU SO MUCH AS LOOK AT THEM WRONG! Ok... rant over...
Judging from there I'm surprised that Gokudera didn't make the list but I guess fangirls prefer to ship him with #(2)7 Tsuna-kun anyway. Chrome's rise in the rankings despite the K-on moe onslaught must be due to her fanservice scenes in recent chapters (even I as a straight female got moed)
Now if it was me I'd choose someone with the carefree, reliable personality of Yamamoto. Note that I just said 'someone like' not the actual character, but I think its perfectly fine to have an active imagination. As long as you're happy.
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:22 am Reply with quote
Anyone else find it interesting how all the girls' picks are from shonen manga? (although Kuroshitsuji is debatable I'll admit)
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Anyone else find it interesting how all the girls' picks are from shonen manga? (although Kuroshitsuji is debatable I'll admit)

Not really, you've got to admit that most shojo manga male characters are pretty much made from the same mold ie.jerks with heart of gold...though some of the ones here certainly fit the mold as well...but at least they aren't 'taken' already lol. And for some reason I've a faint inkling that these grooms are also the ones who are in the most doujins...
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think the Aria girls trounce just about anyone (except possibly Horo for the sheer force of sass), but I'm not really surprised that neither of them are on the list. Nor am I surprised that Mio hits the number one spot, even if I think she's far from worthy. (I'm actually more surprised that the godawful OP and ED themes managed to secure great music billboard ratings, but that's a completely different subject.)

Anyway, the list may have made me roll my eyes, but I agree that it's not something to take too seriously.
Expias

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
As a fan, Gintoki go! But as actual husband material... he's practically no-good unless you motivate him D:

Now, as a lesbian I'd want Mugi as my wifey. Anime dazed She's not crazy, relatively sensible, and she has money.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I now pronounce you both man and wife. You may kiss the screen. The honeymoon ought to be just shocking. Laughing
Index Librorum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote
OrangeVision wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm turning gay or something, but the groom side has definetly better pickings than the bride side.

I don't even recognize any of the character names on the groom side.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4