• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

I just can not get rid of my dislike in this series, and lately one of my biggest problems have had a big part, and that is I hate hate hate the reds. They are a bunch of bullies that do what ever the hell they want, and fight the law for no good reason. The Blues might be a bit hypocritical, but I take any of them over the reds, even that one crazy guy over the little girl, are we supposed to think better of the Reds due to looking after her, becaus it feels hypocritical, oh and then there was the king calling Neko a b!tch, sorry such conduct just makes me angry. I hope the Blues take them all out, they really thought that.

Our main group were not good either, taking that girl with them was just putting her in danger, she would have been safer they just let her go straight after jumping in. And no one thought to say "Yeah this looks like the guy but he did not do it", and "what do you mean call you, we came here after finding out you arseholes attacked a school".

But instead we have a bunch of vigilantes that can't just try to solve a situation through justice, no they have to burn them to ashes, not even that as the arseholes actually have the chant that they will burn things till there is no ash. But yet they try to make the reds look relatable.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
that panty shot spoiler[while shiro was getting stabbed] kinda killed the mood[/spoiler]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
spoiler[
Red and blue still at it.
The body swapping thing was interesting.
Finally some new and revealing info!
That Colorless king really has an interesting power.
Looks like he's not the only one with power.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

If colourless king was spoiler[swapping bodies, then who was originally in the Shiro body? Or was the the original Colourless kings body, and for some reason he decided to try out body swapping with the Silver king. I still find Shiro insistance on being friends with the students kind of stupid, they were all fake memories and he was like there for like a day or something at the begginning of the series. The whole Shiro thing is just a bullshit personality made] by Neko. So any feelings he spoiler[feels strongly about are probably Neko's, since colourless king lived in a magic balloon in the air.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
spoiler[feels strongly about are probably Neko's, since Silver king lived in a magic balloon in the air.]

I think that's what you meant.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Ep. 12
Wow. Just when K starts to go off the rocker, it really starts to show how contrived this whole damn situation is. :/

I think spoiler[Shiro] was originally Shiro; aka a spoiler[normal high student who had his body hijacked by the Colorless King just like Kukuri]. Also, not buying the forced spoiler[Neko/Weissman] romance but, then again, what isn't forced about this show?

What happened (maybe) is this:

Normal! Shiro was attending school.
spoiler[Colorless, somehow, hijacks Normal! Shiro's body.
Colorless! Shiro kills Tatara to start a gang war between the Blues and Reds because he's an a**hole like that.
Colorless! Shiro is picked up by Silver! Weissman because he was bored on his megablimp????
Colorless takes over Weissman's body, causing his spirit to transfer into Shiro's body.
BUT since Weissman was, IDK, in shock, he couldn't remember anything at all, so Colorless!Weissman kicked Silver! Shiro out the pimped-blimp.

Silver!Shiro landed safely into the school gym (remember the Silver King in Immortal/Fast Healer so the fall didn't kill him).
Neko appears to find Sliver! Shiro who's still in shock/amnesia so she creates false memories in him & the student body so she can play with him.]

Kuroh arrives to judge the morality of the new Colorless.
Sees spoiler[Colorless!] Shiro kill the Red follower.
Chaos ensue.

*exhales* Goooooood lord, the writing is awful!!! :p
Maybe if K had just took the "fun faction anime for the sake of being a fun" rather than pull a " serious Sci-Fi/Fantasy conspiracy" out of their butts, then, maybe, just maybe, the show would have performed better.

What I want to know is how spoiler[Colorless turned into a spirit; I thought only physical humans could become Kings?] Or spoiler[does the Colorless Special ability include Astral projection whereas Kuroh claimed his master, former Colorless Ichigen, could see into the future? Does the SP of every King changes per generation??]
I'm glad there is only one episode left...
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
@Keichitsu0305 The special of each Colorless king is different. I'm pretty sure Kuroh is the one that confirmed that.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I definitely agree that the scriptwriting is awful.
The whole plot is now revealed (except that still I don't know the reason of Tatara's murder), but I still don't feel anything about it.
There's a lot of battle scene, but it was meh. In my eyes, it's not epic at all, but it was forced to be seemingly epic, and I didn't find the fight scenes exciting at all. The scene in Ep.12 spoiler[when Silver king Shiro asked Neko to be his first ally] was supposed to be dramatic, but it didn't hit me.

I felt almost nothing when watching this series so far. I laughed a little in the episode when Neko drew things on Kuroh's face, and perhaps that's the only thing I found very memorable.

I also found things that kinda distract the focus of the show, like spoiler[the most memorable scene for girls, when Munakata pinned down Suoh] (or perhaps, it's the main focus of the show, is it?)

Next week is the last episode. I don't think it's going to be an epic ending, but I hope it's better than what I expect.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

I also found things that kinda distract the focus of the show, like spoiler[the most memorable scene for girls, when Munakata pinned down Suoh] (or perhaps, it's the main focus of the show, is it?)

Eeeh? I thought the show was about that, how can you call it a distractor? That and all the ShiroxKuro undertones Laughing
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
What's up with Red and Blue king? spoiler[They are fighting for no reason. The Red king even says that: "Hey, you can totally go slaughter my clansmen, but you know I don't care"]. These two are totally only fighting for the audiance, I guess that's a good reason(?).

And yeah I know spoiler[Blue is mad at Red for involving innocent people and Red just wants revenge, but they sort of seem totally uninterested and interested] to fight each other. What kind of sense does that make?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Once again Rhyono, thank you. Either this show has left such a small impression on me that I forget such simple things. Or I'm too lazy to go back and read earlier comments.

Probably both.

Cam0 wrote:
What's up with Red and Blue king? spoiler[They are fighting for no reason. The Red king even says that: "Hey, you can totally go slaughter my clansmen, but you know I don't care"]. These two are totally only fighting for the audience, I guess that's a good reason(?).

And yeah I know spoiler[Blue is mad at Red for involving innocent people and Red just wants revenge, but they sort of seem totally uninterested and interested] to fight each other. What kind of sense does that make?

I think Blue cares for Red (why? spoiler[Because they're lovers~)]

Once Red's Key falls from the sky, it will cause another crater. Blue wants to prevent this...spoiler[by fighting Red until the Key eventually falls]. Yeah, makes total sense right? Since they are not only putting spoiler[the students] in danger but also spoiler[their fellow clansmen]. Which is exactly whatspoiler[ Colorless] wanted. So, yeah they aren't that bright.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

I think Blue cares for Red (why? spoiler[Because they're lovers~)]

Duh, I thought that was obvious sincespoiler[ Blue visited Red in prison]

No, but seriously, if I understood correctly, what Munakata said was that spoiler[the pressure from killing a king (Colorless) would make Mikoto's sword collapse>>crater>>mass destruction. I suppose he's trying to defeat Mikoto before he kills any king, thus preventing such amount of pressure from building up on his sword>>crater>>mass destruction]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
No, but seriously, if I understood correctly, what Munakata said was that spoiler[the pressure from killing a king (Colorless) would make Mikoto's sword collapse>>crater>>mass destruction. I suppose he's trying to defeat Mikoto before he kills any king, thus preventing such amount of pressure from building up on his sword>>crater>>mass destruction]

Interestingly we know little to nothing spoiler[about how these swords work since they haven't bothered to tell us. Well they have time, like one episode(?). But yeah these two are still uninterested in going all out, instead they are just sparring and causing mass destruction. I guess they are both too cool to fight at full strength. Yeah they could be hesitating, but they are too cool to show any hesitation so this just looks like sparring.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Interestingly we know little to nothing spoiler[about how these swords work since they haven't bothered to tell us. Well they have time, like one episode(?). But yeah these two are still uninterested in going all out, instead they are just sparring and causing mass destruction. I guess they are both too cool to fight at full strength.]

Noooo it's becausespoiler[ they're crazy in love and don't really want to hurt each other *-*]. Seriously, I thought all of this was damn obvious since the spoiler[prison] episode Laughing

But I concur, we still now neight about those spoiler[swords], what they are and how they work, and I doubt we'll ever learn any further than they represent thespoiler[ power of the Kings]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, we all know what spoiler[happends in prison], and what could spoiler[two swords fighting each other] possibly represent. We also get an explanation of why the blue king said the blue chick was being spoiler[full of herself for thinking she could sway the Red king.]

The only question is who will come out on top? All the while the colourless king wants to get inside the.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 16