• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Battle Mania

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
after reading the review for the new SRT game for the DS I can only wonder how it's still going, daily whenever I pass through any store or game stop I would always see stacks upon stacks of the first super robot taisen game in the DISCOUNT bin, some of you may say the jokes make the game and what not but if I buy a RPG consisting of giant robots battling each other I WANT TO PLAY A GAME WITH GIANT ROBOTS BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER and not some stereotype filled crap shot that some company thinks it's funny to make rips on something just cause they hardly make anything decent. sure be it a kink for some guys to get a laugh out of numerous cleavage shots in a game but when those cleavage shots and bad sexual innuendos make up the back bone of the game and no I do find the battle systems interesting but still it takes a back seat in my honest opinion to all the cleavage shots and scantly clad girls. sure I admit I'm a pervert but I don't play games to get my kink I look it up on the freaking net, if you fans of the super robot taisen game want to rip me a new one over this go ahead this is my opinion of the game I bought the first game and played it for Half an Hour got so nauseated with all the stereotypes and cleavage shots that I took the game out of my DS and Smashed it with a hammer out of disgust was I going to sell it No cause I wouldn't want to wish the horrible game onto any other self respecting gamer or anime fan.

Wow! Someone's NEVER played SRW before, have they? Anime hyper Granted, this game is really SRW in name only, though... spoiler[Now, that I'm further along... I'm starting to wonder... A Shadow Mirror ship carrying the prototype for the W Series along with copies of Lamia and Echidna AND Beowulf Squadron...?! I don't know how THAT happened, but I can only imagine it had to have been kept SUPER top secret 'cause if Axel ever found out Lemon copied the hate Beowulf's Alteisen, he'd probably KILL Lemon on the spot! Anime hyper Still... Arcgaine... A third Gaine... Hmmmm... But why did they stick Haken with a Gespenst?! Unless it's a copy of Gillium's special Gespenst, that's like... An insult! Anime hyper In anycase... I still have more to play!]

In anycase, I know I post this video waaaaaay too much but for those of you who don't know what SRW is and wonder about it based on Endless Frontier, THIS is what SRW normally looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-135p90ArbY

And here's one of the most recent ones in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzaUslFyqjY
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3