• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Anime's Full Trailer Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
Takehito Koyasu is Dio? I'm sold! I was kind of curious but now I really want to watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chao8971

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Man I was already excited for this as a JoJo's fanboy, but now I will say I'm a little more excited for this. Hopefully someone will pick up the streaming rights for this or something.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't have guessed it was David Production from looking at that trailer at first sight. Shocked The animation production just screams MADHOUSE to me.

But in any case, the trailer has me REALLY excited for the Jojo anime now. Very Happy I can't wait for October!!!
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm quite looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
The anime is looking better with every new announcement about it, I can't wait to watch it now. Surprised
darkninjawill
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
Oh god I'm so excited!!! Why do we not have time machines that let us travel ahead a few weeks at a time?!?!

Also, D*mn it's airing on a lot of different channels!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Production values look pretty crummy there, but I guess everyone will give it a pass due it being Jojo.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Production values look pretty crummy there, but I guess everyone will give it a pass due it being Jojo.

Yeah it didn't really look good,but voice acting sounds rather impressive.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Some parts looked decently animated but some parts didn't. But I guess that's the nature of the TV anime business. You can't expect perfection every episode.

I'm still excited to watch this show though. Very Happy
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Some parts looked decently animated but some parts didn't. But I guess that's the nature of the TV anime business. You can't expect perfection every episode.

I'm still excited to watch this show though. Very Happy

You'd think a preview would only showcase the prime material animated thus far, their entire purpose is to drive up interest.
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Exactly.. The point of a trailer is to get people excited.. And while I liked the style and coloring, it wasn't that well animated.. Hopefully either this aren't the best animated scenes or at least the anime can keep with quality like this.. Maybe they are saving budget for the big fight of part 1 Smile

About David production.. Hadn't heard of them, and judging by wikipedia they seem to be more like an assistant studio most of the times.. Hopefully Jojo isn't too big of a task for them.

So is part 1 gonna be 13 episodes, 24 episodes or maybe just an odd number??
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I'd have to agree there... as someone whos not really interested in the property, it looked like one of the lesser budget shonen action shows in recent years. Well, its not like it'll sell since doing late night battle shonen without cute girls is a recipe for failure, so they won't risk a big budget.
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Well it IS David Production -- they're kinda known for doing decent, but low budget, animation work aren't they? (Ben-to comes to mind)

This IS Jojos we're talking about though -- if recent franchises like Horizon, Muvluv, and Fate/Stay Night are any indicator -- you can get pretty big sales from animating a well-known series.

The question is, how large is the Jojos fanbase still after 25 years? I doubt there are a lot of new readers in Japan, most are probably in their 30s or 40s.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
Well it IS David Production -- they're kinda known for doing decent, but low budget, animation work aren't they? (Ben-to comes to mind)

This IS Jojos we're talking about though -- if recent franchises like Horizon, Muvluv, and Fate/Stay Night are any indicator -- you can get pretty big sales from animating a well-known series.

The question is, how large is the Jojos fanbase still after 25 years? I doubt there are a lot of new readers in Japan, most are probably in their 30s or 40s.

The problem is that all the series you listed have large, fanatical otaku fanbases. But with JoJo, its not aimed at the otaku... its aimed at a more casual fanbase that don't typically buy anime. These kinds of shows can do well if they have a prime time TV slot, like current Shonen Jump stuff, but when you have a late night slot, you need DVD sales. With the current climate, I can't see JoJo fans paying 700 dollars for the 2 cour series like a Fate or Horizon fan would.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You'd think a preview would only showcase the prime material animated thus far, their entire purpose is to drive up interest.

Define "prime material".
perroloco wrote:
Exactly. The point of a trailer is to get people excited.

It HAS gotten people excited! Or are you just one of those types of people who expect to be misled by flashy production values in trailers only to be dealt with low production values in the final product? If so, you need to wake up, my friend.
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'd have to agree there... as someone whos not really interested in the property, it looked like one of the lesser budget shonen action shows in recent years. Well, its not like it'll sell since doing late night battle shonen without cute girls is a recipe for failure, so they won't risk a big budget.
Ignorance, thy name is RyanSaotome.

Last edited by KabaKabaFruit on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4