• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Replacing stackpak cases?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
Seriously? I'm guessing you've never even tried this. It's almost impossible to hold the hub closed while removing two discs, let alone that fourth or fifth one. At that point, you'd just be violently tearing them out of the case, not "removing" them.

Forgive my bluntness, but most of your posts are tactless and argumentative, even when you don't know wtf you're talking about. It's obvious you like to argue, simply for argument's sake. Some would call you a troll.

Oh yeah, I own Shadow Skills and I'm easily able to remove all 6 discs at the same time. It's not that hard to remove them. I'm not sure why people make a big deal out of the stack packs. Hell, I question people on common sense. there was a girl on the Funimation forum that couldn't remove the disc from the BD case.

Removing discs isn't rocket science. People act as if you're not extra careful with discs, they'll bust on you. They won't break, not with how the DVDs are. The older ones (were they have the large plastic center) those are more prone to crack on you. And they do if you put too much pressure on the center, but they are still play, the cracked plastic doesn't effect the media.
GDFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote
While you're putting your ninja skills to the test flinging around Shadow Skill dvds, like they're an extension of your own soul, I am forced to repeat myself:

GDFan wrote:
...It's obvious you like to argue, simply for argument's sake. Some would call you a troll.

Except you're the worst kind of troll, one who doesn't even realize what they are.

last post in this thread by me to Vata the Troll
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I think crappacks are cheap shit-I mean really, a decent case only adds a few cents to the overall cost. I'll take a litebox over a stacker anyday. But what really gets my goat are the cutaway cases crapamation and now Sentai seem to love using. I mean what's the purpose of a case-maybe to protect the disc inside? With the stupid cutaway cases all that stands between the disc and damage is the case insert and a thin layer of clear plastic-especially on the read side-jeez!!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
*Raises hand for also hating stackpacks.*

They're just garbage with about 3 separate major reasons why they're retarded and impractical disc storage devices, that I can point out. I haven't replaced any though.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote
I don't see the problem with getting an 8 disc case to replace a stackpack. Sure the cover might not fit perfectly into the thicker case, but it still fits, and is an infinitely better option.
I did it with my Moribito stackpack and it's barely noticeable that the cover is slightly smaller than the new case.
manicli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I also need to start replacing my stackpacks -___- too bad the shipping to Canada is insane.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2