• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Production I.G. panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... A third season of Stand Alone Complex, perhaps?
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote
Otaku Teahouse wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm... A third season of Stand Alone Complex, perhaps?

I'd definitely be in favour of that! With the great quality of the first two seasons! Or perhaps a second SAC movie?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She also spent some time talking about Momo e no Tegami

That's it? That's all we get? What exactly did she *say* about Momo e no Tegami?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
N.R.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Did they say anything about releasing Solid State Society 3D in the U.S. or other regions? (and yes, I know it still doesn't even have a Japanese release date).
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Quote:

That's it? That's all we get? What exactly did she *say* about Momo e no Tegami?

She said that Okiura's been working on it for 7 years. And that it's more of a cutesy, Ghibli-styled movie than what IG fans might be used to. That's it.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Avi Arad is working for Production I.G. USA now? Interesting. I really hope he understands that an animated movie can do just as well as a live-action one, because I really do not want a live action Ghost in the Shell...especially if Stan Lee is involved (I love Spider-Man, but Stan Lee doing GITS?).

I'd love to see a third season of Stan Alone Complex! Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Dan42 wrote:
Quote:

She said that Okiura's been working on it for 7 years. And that it's more of a cutesy, Ghibli-styled movie than what IG fans might be used to. That's it.

Interesting, not what I'd have expected from the guy who made Jin-Roh but Ghibli-style movies are good too so looking forward to seeing what he's made after all that work, I imagine it'll look incredible like Jin-Roh did.

It was nice hearing them at least hinting that they might have some more Shirow animation in the works, and that they didn't completely "no comment" the possibility of more Ghost in the Shell, it's been a while since 2nd Gig so I'd love to see another.

Loved the Oblivion Island movie in fansub, great to hear they've already got the dub completed and are hopefully finally nearing finishing the licensing of it...I'd love to own it on BD and re-watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1