• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy Classic with Rob Bricken: Bit Char-G Fiat 500

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
stevek504 wrote:

If you put in a clasisic from time to time, how about a plush?

A review of a plush toy would be maybe 50 words long, and even then that'd be a struggle.

I'd have to disagree; I think a full length article could be written about a plush toy. Especially a very well done plush toy or one that is really terrible. A review could talk about fabrics, colors, sturdiness, sewing, and closeness to actual character, ect. I don’t see why it can’t be done. Now I can’t see why someone wouldn’t want to do though. I just don’t think it should be that easily dismissed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nagato316

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
First of all...love reading your toy reviews. Also, being a huge fan of Castle of Cagliostro, your review this week is platinum, even without the usual vitriol you get to spew when you review utter crapola. It gives a good sense of perspective as to why you got into writing these reviews, where the love/appreciation of your pastime came from, and the items that helped set your understandably high standards.

I would totally look forward to future installments of Astro Toy Classic, especially if that entails perhaps glimpses of the legendary Soul of Chogokin collection (hey, I can dream, right?).
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I was SO happy to see Krauser back last week!Razz While you may hate reviewing trash... I very much look forward to it for other reasons!
wanpo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
It's wonderful to see an absolutely awesome toy on this column =] They're far rarer than they should be, sadly.

My only gripe with Astro Toy Classic is that it gets me all pumped up about an awesome toy that I can't easily buy right now. But I guess that's unavoidable =(

In any case, great column as always!
Shirogane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Astro Toy Classic; I'd think once a month or so would probably be a good pace (or whenever you need a break from reviewing current and sometimes horrible pieces).

Plus I like seeing what figures/toys were available in the past and are now probably out of my current price range. One can always dream, right?

Regarding plush toy reviews, that'd be informative, but very short so it might have to be a rapid-fire round of multiple plushes (and that's probably not the best way to spend a reviewing budget/toy budget on). Just my opinion...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2