• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 11

Nice to have it kind of spelled out how much Shinka cares about her friends, and what she was willing to do for one. Dekomori got a little spoiler[jealous when Shichimiya was being too close to "Fake Mori Summer"]. Someone was a fan of spoiler[Oh/Ah My Goddess].

Lol, it sounded like Yumeha was having her own bout of transformations, I want to see. It actually felt quite sad when Shichimiya finished off with spoiler["bye bye", it was her finally moving on from her love].

And I wonder how a comparison for the dragon here to the movie might do.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I think Nibutani has become my favorite character from this series. Its usually rare to see a girl like her be a truly caring friend instead of the typical harem loser. That episode felt like a finale so next week will probably be a date episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (finale)

Well from the beginning of the episode I knew that spoiler[Chimera was preggers]. And they decided to spoiler[interrupt the kiss with the information of a litter of 7, what are they going to do with 7 kittens]? The secondary characters spoiler[said the frustration the audience was having]. It was very romantic though, and I was quite happy to see the common series art of Rika and Shichimiya touching noses, but actually feeling like she is backing her up

And it looks like KyoAni decided to borrow themes from one of the recent popular anime: Free!. We find out spoiler[Isshiki was confessed to by someone called, Chihiro], and like Free we spoiler[find out that the girly name belongs to a dude, he actually looked like he would] fit right into that series. I thought it was a funny clever bit.

Overall, we did not get a whole lot new this season, but we had movement and I would say some very funny moments, I think Shichimiya and Shinka were also huge parts of the season that worked. Since this is only after their summer holidays, there is still room to do more within the series while they are second years and Kumin 3rd. And there is more I want to see.

I rate it Very Good, it was not as fresh as the first season, but was still quite good.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
The utter inability to do anything that the two losers have could be potentially interesting if it had something to do with anything. Maybe they had some issue with it in the past, or something about their delusions makes it hard, or something, anything, would help. Instead, all I see is "yeah, they're shy, I guess," and I'm expected to care.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this season didn't really accomplish anything. But it was entertaining and that's the most important thing.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I liked this, but it wasn't as strong as season 1. was kinda boring in places, but it was ok.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Lol the guy just becomes blacker each episode. Chihiro!
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
I've been thinking about spoiler[the lack of a kiss] since I saw it earlier and I actually think it works in its own way. As Yuuta said, their relationship's growing, slowly but surely; on the other hand, spoiler[a kiss is a climax], so avoiding it works on thematic level.
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
My user name comes from Chuunibyo actually, I didn't know what else to put, anyway, I really liked Love, Chuunibyo episode 4, especially when Sanae hid under that desk and, didn't she tickle Fake Morisummer's feet? One of my favorite anime episodes, Sanae is just crazy, I also liked it when Sanae used her hair to attack, I think it was
FM, and wrapped herself up in those long twin tails.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:13 am Reply with quote
Season 2, OVA (The Rikka Wars)

That was a pretty mature episode for a relationship, not in a naughty way. So Rikka is really not spoiler[happy with Yuuta looking at other girls, regardless or especially because the pictures were of an idol he has liked]. Looks like a really plausible spoiler[fight, Rikka was upset because he kept the drive, while Yuuta was upset that she went through his things]. He probably should have spoiler[respected her wishes], and she kind of spoiler[violated his privacy]. Although I did snicker along with her when she saw the spoiler[picture of a dog with stick on eye brows that Yuuta kept on his computer].

Also the kittens were in it, we only got a bit of them at the end of the series. Some of them slept with Rikka.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 needed more episodes like this. I don't know why but I felt bored at times during S2 when I loved S1.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know where the season 1 Lite episodes fall chronologically in relation to the rest of said season?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Anybody? Even an assertion that nobody knows would work for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21