• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail to be dubbed with original cast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domayv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
Domayv wrote:
It would also be great if they start outsourcing some future dubs to ocean and/or bang zoom.

Oblivion Island was outsourced to Bang Zoom. I didn't think it was any better, or worse, than FUNi's typical dub. It was nice to hear some fresh voices. I was actually wondering why they did this, since it cost them more to produce.

Well, outsourcing a movie is cheapter than outsourcing at TV series or OVA (the highest is 10,000 for a union dub per episode (25 minutes due to average run time)).
GDFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Oblivion Island's dub was funded by Production IG before it was even licensed and they used Bang Zoom - Funimation didn't outsource it.

I guess that explains it. I thought Christine Cabanos did a really good job as the lead. She also voiced Madoka Kaname, but that dub seems to have a really bad rep.
Domayv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
King of Harts; Laughing You the man!

Domayv wrote:

It would also be great if they start outsourcing some future dubs to ocean and/or bang zoom. Possibly a good candidate would be Jormungand for Ocean because of it being very close to black lagoon (also dubbed by Ocean)

Do remember that outsourcing to Ocean is far more expensive for them than just doing it in-house themselves. And I'm not trying to start to start a fight, but your reasoning for why Jormungand should be outsourced is... very weak.

So this means that even Tabitha is coming back, huh? Nice. I was afraid there might be some strange clause in her My Little Pony contract that would prevent her from voicing characters like Roberta while being known as Rarity. Razz

Note: that last part was a joke, of course.

Well, does that contract force Tabitha to only voice My Little Pony? besides why couldn't hasbro outsource to California, and how come no one outsources a cartoon to texas?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Domayv wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
Do remember that outsourcing to Ocean is far more expensive for them than just doing it in-house themselves. And I'm not trying to start to start a fight, but your reasoning for why Jormungand should be outsourced is... very weak.

So this means that even Tabitha is coming back, huh? Nice. I was afraid there might be some strange clause in her My Little Pony contract that would prevent her from voicing characters like Roberta while being known as Rarity. Razz

Note: that last part was a joke, of course.

Well, does that contract force Tabitha to only voice My Little Pony? besides why couldn't hasbro outsource to California, and how come no one outsources a cartoon to texas?

............ Confused

He JUST SAID THE LAST PART WAS A JOKE.

I'm starting to think you don't actually read people's posts, do you Dom? Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2