• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Akiba Shop Lets Visitors Sleep (Platonically) With a Woman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Blokes in my local pub, will slap your face for the price of a pint of beer mate. Both sides per pint, as many slaps as you want. Some of the women there will do the same and more if you buy them drinks all night. Laughing
streexanime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I really shouldn't be surprised by this. Those who take part of this are likely men (and I am sure a few women) who are already ostracized from their own culture. Not too uncommon of an incidence in Japan. Unless you're like everyone else, you stand out and are basically looked down upon. NEETs, Otaku, etc.

As for mental illness, Japan does need to come a long way on that. It's still grounds for firing over there, even getting a mild anti-depressant because you had a family member die (and let's not even get into the psychology of their death culture).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
@enurtsol

I think people and the article itself needs to differentiate between being interested in sex and successfully finding an ideal mate or potential husband. In fact the article's content contradicts its headline. If they became less interested, then why are they pursuing in the first place? If anything, the survey just reveals the women are very much interested despite less action but they are just being picky.

Unfortunately, it seems the declining sexual activity and drive are tied together in Japan. Besides what I mentioned above and the aforementioned sexless marriages, Japan has the least sex among 41 countries surveyed, and the least satisfied as well.

why no guest post option? wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Wait......... whaaaaat?! Surprised

No..no...NO!

That's not what I meant,
I'm just looking for your daily post,and
posting that 2 slaps on the face is not that bad for 1000 yen,
please don't go there,I love you.

Oh don't worry; I was just playing ya! Laughing
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I guess it's only a matter of time before a host club offers the same experience for female patrons.
Actually, last autumn I watched a J-drama with a similar premise, Shima Shima. It's silly and pretty unrealistic at times, but overall rather cute. And hell, I'd snuggle up to Miura Shohei anytime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6