• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kokoro Connect BDs/DVDs to Use Different Opening Theme

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
How long until eufonius officially breaks up?

Also, "rock band"? Seriously?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
The controversies with Kokoro Connect just never end.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
This series just seems to be cursed. Which sucks, because it's really good.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
It seems as if every time something is posted about Kokoro Connect, it is bad news. I truly hope that the recent BD/DVD delays and bad news coming from the Kokoro Connect camp do not ultimately doom this promising series.

I want to believe that after the storm passes, Silver Link is going to continue adapting other of the light novels into more anime.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It seems as if every time something is posted about Kokoro Connect, it is bad news. I truly hope that the recent BD/DVD delays and bad news coming from the Kokoro Connect camp do not ultimately doom this promising series.

I want to believe that after the storm passes, Silver Link is going to continue adapting other of the light novels into more anime.

It was never going to be a hit in the first place (it was projected at about 3500 sales before all of this, which is barely profitable), but it sure kills any chance it ever had now. With all the negative press thats come from these controversies, I'm sure that they won't ever bring this franchise back. Its got too much baggage now.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
How long until eufonius officially breaks up?

Also, "rock band"? Seriously?
I'd say about 2% of the their songs could fit that genre..so why not?

Shame about all the bad press this franchise has now. I felt the last arc was pretty bland compared to the rest of the series, but I was still hoping it would do well enough for more at some point in the future. But I feel the worst for Eri Kitamura, because I hear people are boycotting her even though she didn't do anything at all.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
but I was still hoping it would do well enough for more at some point in the future.

At least you'll get one last 4-episode arc when the last BDs come out next year.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
Talk about having no back bone. Are people in the Japanese media industry becoming like Shingi? Come on. The main cause of this whole issue is so petty compared to the unreasonable amount of judgement and hate from loud otaku. Consumers should not have this much influence and pressure on somebody else's work.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Talk about having no back bone. Are people in the Japanese media industry becoming like Shingi? Come on. The main cause of this whole issue is so petty compared to the unreasonable amount of judgement and hate from loud otaku. Consumers should not have this much influence and pressure on somebody else's work.

A) Shinji

B) No, thats not the main cause of the issue. The main cause of the issue is several people in authority positions abusing that authority to terrorize a subordinate.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote
why would you do something like this...

all you are going to do is make people mad....
unless you offer the alternate opening as extra content on the both discs
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

Already so.

Quote:

Don' think they have a choice. Hajime Kikuchi / eufonius may have had the right to pull approval for use of the original opening theme. If so, then that's it and the production has to scramble to find a replacement.

No wonder they delayed the BD's and Game.

Talk about a train wreck, wow.

Mark Gosdin
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

Because iirc, Hajime Kikichi was one of the main people involved in the Kokoro Connect controversy.

As much as I like the first OP, I agree with this choice. I had held off buying the OP single due to the band's involvement in this. By replacing the OP, I assume they won't have to pay the band any royalties.

At least this explains the one month delay though.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
This is a real shame, especially since how much better the first OP is compared to the second OP, which is easily forgettable and unremarkable.

I have been a serious fan of eufonius for years, and I don't even care about Kikuchi's "comments". I'm still going to love his music regardless.
dan888

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:

When a company is selling a product at a premium price to a group of 5000 or less consumers for a show like this, and must do so to make a profit, that small group of consumers do in fact have a lot of influence and ability to pressure the studio. There really is nothing wrong with such an influence either in this situation with a small group supporting premium prices, it's the consumer's choice to decide if they want to buy a relatively expensive luxury product, and making your opinion known with your wallet has long been an option for consumers.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Consumers should not have this much influence and pressure on somebody else's work.

On the contrary; it's a company's job to provide a product for the consumer. The consumer should always be the one in control of the market. That's generally what the idea behind things like boycotts are.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5