• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamisama Hajimemashita (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I liked the first episode. The opening and ending themes aren't (nearly) as good as last season's, but I already figured that would be impossible. The songs from the last season were too catchy for that. The new songs do have the good atmosphere down. The only thing I really dislike is the first few seconds of the OP, it sounds a bit too childish to me.

Dtm, I don't think this series will break the mold in avoiding tropes. I'm already glad Nanami is quite an enjoyable character. I have no opinion of spoiler[Mamoru / the monkey] yet.

I wonder how much spoiler[ 'power' Nanami will eventually have at the end of this series. And if the fox and Nanami will break their contract and just voluntarily get together. Nah, probably won't happen, but that would make their relationship more even.]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought the episode dragged but the ending was perfect.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow -- I forgot how much I enjoyed this anime -- and This new episode brings along pretty much everything I liked from the first season. It's been over a year but I think the wait is worth it. Nanami has to be the cutest god ever.

Being a guy I'm not that into Tomoe but I really feel for him. At least he isn't friendozned. I think.

Nanami certainly leveled up -- I hope that isn't a spoiler. But it looks like she's going to a pretty rough place next episode can't wait.

For those like me that didn't have a clue -- Funimation streaming shows this Episode 1 Season 2 as Episode 14.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 14/Season 2, Episode 1
I was pleasantly surprised to see this on the Funimation app on the actual day it premiered, because Funi does delay casts. Glad they're on the ball with this show.

dtm42 wrote:
[spoiler]"Don't come . . . inside me . . ."

Oh Nanami, saying that will only make him more eager. And when did this turn into a hentai? Seeing you getting tentacle raped (if only orally) wasn't what I was expecting from a shoujo title.

That was so damn creepy it nearly ruined the whole episode for me. I did not expect this sweet shoujo series to get so spoiler[rapey so quickly, damn it! Why did they have to do that? And they implied her friend was attacked/raped by the miasma, too! Nasty and unnecessary.]

dtm42 wrote:
Anywho, I can already tell I'm going to dislike the spoiler[monkey. Plus the opening theme isn't nearly as good as the first season's. And I hate the "mysterious person from the past who will Shake Things Up" trope.]

Aww, I thought spoiler[the monkey was cute. I don't know if I'll like him as a personified boy, though]

I read some of the manga, so I basically know what's coming up, but I'm hoping the presentation will be fun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Anywho, I can already tell I'm going to dislike the spoiler[monkey. Plus the opening theme isn't nearly as good as the first season's. And I hate the "mysterious person from the past who will Shake Things Up" trope.]

Aww, I thought spoiler[the monkey was cute. I don't know if I'll like him as a personified boy, though]

I laughed when she spoiler[held the monkey up to scratch him]. Tomoe already looks jealous of it.
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
The monkey was so cute! Hopefully he's still that cute in human form...

I liked seeing Nanami's new powers and overall it was a really sweet return to what I enjoyed in the first season. The rape metaphor nearly ruined it--what an awful and unnecessary inclusion in what's otherwise been a really sweet series--but the ending was perfect. There are other sequels I'm far more excited for this season, but I'm glad to be watching this again.

I don't like the new OP, but I thought the song and animation for the ED were very sweet, if not as catchy as the first ED (Nee, kamisama~).
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
All of you are too dirty-minded. :p It's a demonic entity. It doesn't want to RAPE her....it wants to eat her soul. While Nanami's line sounded hentai-ish....there's seriously no other way to translate it.

We're off to a really good start though. I liked Nanami and Tomoe's little spat because they both had good reasons for getting angry and I wasn't yelling "Stop acting like stupid children" because both sides were justified.

.............sometimes I think this show solves conflicts a little TOO easily though.....but a lot of shoujo are like this.

I kept laughing at "guy-lady-guy". I swear Nanami was doing it on purpose at one point.....Anime hyper
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's some kind of spiritual power or some such, but all I saw was a monkey running through the halls and pissing like a hose.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I kept laughing at "guy-lady-guy". I swear Nanami was doing it on purpose at one point.....Anime hyper

She was -- and she finally used his real name after he had totally saved her ass.

Which was sort of interesting to me. Why is Otohiko putting this much effort on Nanami's behalf?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm afraid y'all will have to get through this series without my scintillating comments.

*lets deafening chorus of "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" die down*

I didn't mind the first season but the long, silent "whu- what is this feeling?" looks by our two leads are putting me off. As is the formula of Fox Ears pulling Nanami's buns out of the oven every 5 minutes followed by the "whu- what is this feeling?" look.

Plus, it looks like we are headed for another incarnation of the, "hey, we used to be badassed demons back in the day but now you are all goo-goo eyed for this teenage tart - what gives?" story line.

There's definitely some good comedy going on here (hi-a-ku! hi-a-ku!) but the shojoness seems particular strong this time around. I'm out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I didn't mind the first season but the long, silent "whu- what is this feeling?" looks by our two leads are putting me off. As is the formula of Fox Ears pulling Nanami's buns out of the oven every 5 minutes followed by the "whu- what is this feeling?" look.

But she saved him in this episode. Sure she should have allowed his help a bit more, but he did the same in not using hers. The key thing is that they are stronger together, not one person trying to do it themselves, but the same time she knows that she needs to do more.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood-, without spoiling anything from the manga, this was only the re-introduction episode. It gets better. I see this show as a combination of Fruits Basket and Inuyasha, and I feel things are about to lean towards the Inuyasha side.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, maybe I'll give it a second chance. I didn't finish the first eppie, actually. I do want to like the show (and it's not that I dislike it) but the shojo-osity of what I was seeing was rubbing me the wrong way. And just to make clear, I can dig shojo. Like, I'm totally loving Yona and it's shojo as hell. It's just sometimes things can get on my nerves.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Yep, that's the scene that cracked me up. I'm gonna give this season a second chance based primarily on that one bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9