• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Poll Question (phpBB technicalities)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I know that ANN uses a modified phpBB2 for the forums, and I'm admin on a phpBB3 forum. However, you guys might still be able to help me out.

I'm having problems getting polls to show up. It lets me make a poll, but the poll won't display with the post. I'm pretty sure I've got all of the permissions/settings right, but there might be something I'm overlooking.

What are the settings on ANN to get the polls forum to work?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Nothing the least bit special. The only setting related to polls is to give a group (a custom group, moderators, registered users, admins, or public) permission to create polls.

It seems you already have the permission, so no idea what might be the cause of your problem.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
You have to have polls enabled in that specific forum as well as enabling the ability to see polls for all usergroups in that forum. If you do have the permissions set correctly it should work (as it did for me back when I had a phpBB3 forum).

Have you tried viewing the forum as an admin, normal user, and guest? If it does show up for any of those groups but not others it would just suggest you don't have it properly set.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
All of the groups have the permissions set, but I can't find anywhere to turn polls on in the forum. It's very strange.

It let me add poll options when I made a post, but the poll didn't show up, and that's as an administrator, where I have everything turned on for my account.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1