Forum - View topic
Neon Alley General

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Neon Alley Moderator, D.Gray-man has a dub (an awesome one at that)...go get it. And while you're at it, try to help Funimation get the rest, Dentsu is being a pain and not forking it over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Hey, Neon Alley Moderator, D.Gray-man has a dub (an awesome one at that)...go get it. And while you're at it, try to help Funimation get the rest, Dentsu is being a pain and not forking it over.

This would be awesome.

I also wish Funi would be able to get the rest from them. Sad
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote
I really want to hear Todd and Jason in the more serious part of the anime. I haven't seen the rest, but I read that the 2nd half gets much better then what Funimation has, since it doesn't have filler, like how most of "season 2" is. I personally really want to hear how Jason will pull of Lavi's darker persona...I imagine it would be sexy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
Any chance of getting Hellsing Ultimate, now that Funi's finally releasing the rest of it? Course, I'm buying it anyway. And thanks for Vampire Knight/Guilty even though I already own that. Maybe Baccanno or Princess Tutu?

I wish they had dubbed the rest of Hell Girl. I got a non-anime fan to watch that and he liked it!
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing Ultimate isn't a Viz propriety, it's not even one of their mangas, Dark Horse owns the manga. So don't expect that to happen. Viz will only deal in the titles that they own and titles that deal with their manga.

So, I would expect Viz to put titles like D.Gray-man, Fushigi Yugi, Jormungand, Case Closed, and maybe the Berserk series.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Hellsing Ultimate isn't a Viz propriety, it's not even one of their mangas, Dark Horse owns the manga. So don't expect that to happen. Viz will only deal in the titles that they own and titles that deal with their manga.

So, I would expect Viz to put titles like D.Gray-man, Fushigi Yugi, Jormungand, Case Closed, and maybe the Berserk series.

True, but the anime is a Funimation title.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah...Hellsing is a Funimation title, but not a Viz manga. Look, Viz only put the One Piece anime on because they own the manga. You understand that?

Viz will only deal with animes that do with their own manga titles or the the anime titles they licensed, it's that simple. It just so happens that Funimation has the license to One Piece and a lot of other Viz manga titles.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Jormungand would be very cool once that gets dubbed. I'm loving that just like I loved Black Lagoon, can't wait to see it dubbed.

Vata Raven wrote:
I really want to hear Todd and Jason in the more serious part of the anime. I haven't seen the rest, but I read that the 2nd half gets much better then what Funimation has, since it doesn't have filler, like how most of "season 2" is. I personally really want to hear how Jason will pull of Lavi's darker persona...I imagine it would be sexy.

Yeah I've heard the later stuff is very good but I've also never seen it yet. I only saw the first couple of eps fansubbed then really got into the dub so I waited hoping to see the rest that way since I quite enjoyed what Funi put out.

bleachj0j wrote:
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
MadarakiFran wrote:
Gintama would be good too.

I'd like to see dubs for Hitman Reborn and the new Hunter x Hunter on there. That'd be great.

Anyways, it's movie time!

Aww no fans for the new POT or JoJo eh? Either way, we're always looking for more shows to add each season. If those shows get dubs give us the heads up and we'll talk to FUNi, or Aniplex or who ever else owns them.

If you guys got JoJo that would be lovely

JoJo would be very cool, I remember seeing at least one of the old OVAs way back when so I'd like to see the rest or the new series should it get dubbed.

To list two shows myself, if they can do Funi shows beyond stuff they have the manga for, I think Darker Than Black and Soul Eater would be perfect for this. Plus I'm really surprised neither of those two ended up making it onto AS/Toonami.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
Black Lagoon would make an awesome addition, and really drive home the "unedited" and "uncut" aspects of the service.

On that note, if Toonami isn't going to start showing Panty & Stocking, then you guys should do it. Odds are they would have to edit out entire episodes in order to make it suitable for basic cable, while you could just show it as it was originally intended, cuss words & crude humor & all. Laughing
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Yeah...Hellsing is a Funimation title, but not a Viz manga. Look, Viz only put the One Piece anime on because they own the manga. You understand that?

Viz will only deal with animes that do with their own manga titles or the the anime titles they licensed, it's that simple. It just so happens that Funimation has the license to One Piece and a lot of other Viz manga titles.

To be more specific, Viz is owned by Shueisha/Shagakukan and, traditionally, they have dealt almost if not exclusively in properties from that stable.

It is worth noting that their recent licenses already include Tiger & Bunny and Lagrange which are not based on anything published by Shueisha, and are indeed both Bandai Namco properties.

This has also not been the case in Europe for some time either, since Viz Media Europe bought Kaze and Anime Virtual (the largest anime distributors in France and Germany respectively) and thus license properties from their Japanese parent's competitors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I've got a question, N.A.M.:

Are ADV / Sentai Filmworks titles up for consideration? Or is The Anime Network keeping a tight lock on those?

Because I know of several of their shows that would work pretty well on the channel - Highschool of the Dead, Canaan, Xam'd, etc.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
To be more specific, Viz is owned by Shueisha/Shagakukan and, traditionally, they have dealt almost if not exclusively in properties from that stable.

It is worth noting that their recent licenses already include Tiger & Bunny and Lagrange which are not based on anything published by Shueisha, and are indeed both Bandai Namco properties.

This has also not been the case in Europe for some time either, since Viz Media Europe bought Kaze and Anime Virtual (the largest anime distributors in France and Germany respectively) and thus license properties from their Japanese parent's competitors.

Yes, I know this, but THEY licensed Tiger & Bunny. Yes, it has nothing to do with any of their manga, BUT they licensed it, so they're going to play it. They're not going to go out of their way to play Hellsing when they didn't license it or it have anything to do with any of their manga. That's my point. They're not going to go out of their way to play animes that have nothing to do with their manga or they didn't license themselves.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions. We're reaching out to as many anime licensing companies as we can. We aren't limited to just items that have anything to do with our manga, but since we do have those ties, it would silly to not to make use of those connections. As we grow we'll be expanding as much as we can, and knowing what you're looking for will help guide our acquisitions.

Keep the suggestions coming. We have to fill spring '13 soon.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! If that's the case, Neon Alley is gonna be great!
MadarakiFran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
For the record, I'd love to see JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Neon Alley.

And as for things you don't have manga ties with: I am a fan of Fairy Tail.

And Cardfight!! Vanguard has a show as well...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4