• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
This topic is for the game series Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Umineko is a sound novel. So this should be the right place for this.

You can find the translation patch and guide to getting started here. The translation project has a permission from Ryuukishi07.

Let me start by presenting my theory about Episode 1

Reading not recommended without playing Episode 4
spoiler[Culprit was Natsuhi helped by the Gohda and possibly other servants.

Proof:
Natsuhi had a motive: she hated Eva, felt she was betrayed by her husband, felt the other adults were destroying the pride of Ushiromiya, wished to protect Jessica and wanted to hide the death of Kinzo. She was also the only one who was aware of the bracelet on the door = the one responsible for the bloody marks.
Gohda is very suspicious. He is loyal to Natsuhi and has the strengh to move the dead bodies. Also there is no way to know about why he lost his last job or even if he really was a cook before. Being the cook he could have poisoned the victims of first twilight.
Nanjo, Kannon and Genji are also suspicious. All of them should have been aware of Kinzo's death. Not revealing this even after Kinzo's body was found is highly suspicious. Also the first twilight needed a large number of culprits.

The part this theory fails to explain is Natsuhi and Kannon's death.]

There might be other problems because it has been over half a year since I played Episode 1 so I can't remember everything. Feel free to point them out.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
Personally I think the best advice is not to assume the obvious suspect is the one behind it.. except maybe episode 3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1