• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Singer YUI Given Cover Album by Fellow Anime Music Artists

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Japanese singer YUI, who is noted for having recorded the fifth closing theme ("Life") and the fifth opening ("Rolling Star") for the Bleach anime as well as the highly popular first opening theme ("Again") for FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is to receive a tribute album featuring covers of several of her works recorded by many of her fellow J-Pop peers.

Titled She Loves You, this album is set to release on October 24th and will feature notable artists such as fellow Bleach and FullMetal Alchemist alumni Stereopony ("Hitohira no Hanabira"), Miwa ("Change"), Scandal ("Shunkan Sentimental", "Shojo S", "Harukaze"), and Shoko Nakagawa ("Ray of Light") also of Pocket Monsters fame, and among others, up-and-coming Japanese-American artist Kylee, Negoto, and Aoi Eir, all of the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise. In addition, YUI herself will provide a cover of one her own live performances as a track on the CD.

Quote:
YUI, who has just released the new single fight on September 5th, will have her songs covered by various artists in a new album, She Loves You, and will be released on October 24th. This album will be edited by YUI and will feature miwa, SCANDAL, negoto, Nakagawa Shoko, Kylee, Stereopony, Ide Ayaka, Aoi Eir, joy, Goose house, Sawai Miku, Dancing Dolls recording covers of songs YUI has done in the past. Also, YUI herself will participate by recording a cover of one her past live performances. Additionally, ringtone downloads (chakuta) will be available beginning October 17th and the digital download will be released the same day as the CD.

Thank you:
-95 Music
-Sony Music Japan
-Hochi
-YUI-Net, official YUI website
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1