Forum - View topic
Your thoughts and opinions on the service.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Okay, got a bit of a minor issue here. I was looking forward to catching the second episodes of Tiger & Bunny and Inuyasha: the Final Act but ended up missing them because the schedule is listed in PST! Is there anyway to change it to EST?

For me, after I log in it doesn't change from the default PST right away, I have to reload/refresh the page again for it to refresh the schedule to EST.

Divineking wrote:
It's a bit minor but one thing I'd like to see is subtitled lyrics for the opening and ending songs as well as subtitles for signs and stuff so viewers can read them. I know Viz doesn't normally do that for the dub track of their releases but it would be pretty nice to have here.

That would be very nice. Was thinking about this during Naruto since I thought I remembered sign and song translations on either CN or DisneyXD. Maybe they could extract a signs/ep titles and songs translation out of the DVD subtitles or something.
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Next we have PMMM, they overpriced it. It's only 12 episodes long, half as long as Drr, it should've been priced as so. $75 on DVD and $90 on blu-ray. And with the poor dubbing the show was given, it's not worth the price they marked it at.

Now this you should elaborate upon. I thought the show was dubbed fairly competently.

And when I said there should be more things like Neon Alley, I meant that there should be more opportunities for anime fans to watch dubbed anime without having to buy the DVDs. There needs to be more free dub streams too. Sub streams are free, so why not make dub streams free? And a lot of people think that the Japanese subs are always superior (I am not one of them), so having to pay a stream to watch something possibly inferior isn't helping dubs' images.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Next we have PMMM, they overpriced it. It's only 12 episodes long, half as long as Drr, it should've been priced as so. $75 on DVD and $90 on blu-ray. And with the poor dubbing the show was given, it's not worth the price they marked it at.

Now this you should elaborate upon. I thought the show was dubbed fairly competently.

As a person who has ears...I can easily say that the VAs they picked...they had no soul in the voice acting. The females sounded dull, so not worth the price tag with that poor acting. Freeman would've done a better at a female role then the female VAs they picked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wifininja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Here is one thing I didn't see mentioned:

they need to stop cutting off the audio to a show when they run adds cause I miss a sentence of dialog every time they run an add during a show.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
This bugs me too.

I don't get to hear Mayuri say "TUTURUUUU!!!!!" at the end of the Steins;Gate video. And that's just not cool, man. Crying or Very sad
hwnmoonlite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
As a recent anime fan, I'm enjoying the shows on Neon Alley. But like others, I'm having quality issues with the service. Commercials get cut off at the end, so in some cases I don't get to hear upcoming air dates. I'd love to see a more flexible guide and VOD. But these to me are fairly minor and I'm sure will come/improve with time.

The real problems I have are: the cutting to commercial mid-scene, the vid quality randomly dropping low enough that it looks worse than YouTube with muddy audio and heavy pixelation. Worse, the stream will stop suddenly and often skips entire scenes, leaving me wondering what I missed. Since a lot of these programs are brand new for me, it makes me wonder if I shouldn't just wait for the DVD/Blu-ray to get good quality video and actually see the whole ep without missing anything in the middle.

I want to stick it out since I know the service is new and still finding it's feet, but watching chopped up eps is likely paying $6.99 a month for back-to-back spoilers of my (now) favorite shows. I hope Neon Alley can get these issues resolved, because if my relatively unrefined anime palate is having troubles with this stuff, I'd bet hard-core fans are gettin' really upset. *crosses fingers*
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I gotta ask, how many episodes do Tiger and Bunny and Blue Exorcist have?
SpikesGrrl
Crazy FangirlCrazy Fangirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:

Tiger & Bunny has 25 eps not sure on Blue Exorcist as I don't watch it but you may want to check out the encylopedia entry on how many eps are in Blue Exorcist

Mary
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
I have a suggestion, though I'm not sure how it could be implemented. It would be nice if there were an easy way to follow our favorite shows. For instance, if we happened to miss the regularly scheduled viewing, we could find out the next viewing times without having to go through the whole weekly schedule. Also, will there be marathons of the other shows besides Naruto, One Piece, and Inuyasha?
venture2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
Would it be possible to increase the inactivity timeout of the Neon Alley app?

I like to keep the channel on the background as I work around the house. But every two hours I get a message press x on the playstation controller if you want to continue to watch the channel.
If I am not in the same room when the message appears, bam! I get disconnected. Would it be possible to increase this to 4 hours or maybe 6 hours? It would be so nice.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:

Just to add the other part: Blue Exorcist has 25 episodes and there's an upcoming movie.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
venture2000 wrote:
Would it be possible to increase the inactivity timeout of the Neon Alley app?

I think that might be a Finance q to see if we can afford the extra bandwidth. As we keep growing it should be plausible, but I think we put a lot of $$ towards expediting the Xbox expansion for the fans.

shhhh....

you didn't hear it from me.
publicenemy333
He started itHe started it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
I just watched the latest episode of Blue exorcist and there is a scene where one of the characters hold up signs (that are in Japanese) to communicate with other characters. Yet there wasnt any subs translating what they were saying. I don't know if this was a one time thing/glitch, if its like this for other shows, or just blue exorcist, but can subs at least be added to translate signs and such? Cause a lot of times it could be integral to knowing whats happening
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
I just watched the latest episode of Blue exorcist and there is a scene where one of the characters hold up signs (that are in Japanese) to communicate with other characters. Yet there wasnt any subs translating what they were saying. I don't know if this was a one time thing/glitch, if its like this for other shows, or just blue exorcist, but can subs at least be added to translate signs and such? Cause a lot of times it could be integral to knowing whats happening

I think that's up to the people who provide the show. So that's strictly a Aniplex problem,
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm we'll check in with Aniplex on that. I'm not sure if they can do anything about it right away, but if they do a DVD/BR release for the dub maybe they can update the master file then?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5