Forum - View topic
Neon Ally App freezing up issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Ok, my weekly-ish update - I actually have had no major freezes since last Fridays premiers Very Happy . I had some weird lag issues last Friday and a possible freeze (it's been a week, so I can't remember if it froze or if it simply did the lag/jump thingy) but this is a new record for getting through a week on Neon Alley with no issues. Also, one of the freezes seemed to be on the master for Blue Exorcists premier episode because it did it every time I caught last weeks at the exact same place. So I don't think it was Neon Alley's app. Anyway, I need to try and re-watch the Berserk movie again and see if I can catch it all the way through with no issues (that one crashed so many times when I watched it the first weekend it was available, I hadn't even attempted to try it again).

Anyway, lets knock on whatever wood/psudo wood product we can and hope this keeps up!
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
Ok, my weekly-ish update - I actually have had no major freezes since last Fridays premiers Very Happy . I had some weird lag issues last Friday and a possible freeze (it's been a week, so I can't remember if it froze or if it simply did the lag/jump thingy) but this is a new record for getting through a week on Neon Alley with no issues. Also, one of the freezes seemed to be on the master for Blue Exorcists premier episode because it did it every time I caught last weeks at the exact same place. So I don't think it was Neon Alley's app. Anyway, I need to try and re-watch the Berserk movie again and see if I can catch it all the way through with no issues (that one crashed so many times when I watched it the first weekend it was available, I hadn't even attempted to try it again).

Anyway, lets knock on whatever wood/psudo wood product we can and hope this keeps up!

Well at least yours is still working. I'm still waiting for them to get around to fixing mine. It's been saying technical difficulties for over a month. Stupid patch better work when it gets released. Whenever that is. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
friend20013ca

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
my neon app freezes too i have to quit the app then restart at least 3 times a night.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Well the knocking on wood didn't work for me. Two freezes this weekend, with one that flat out re-booted my computer Mad . Interestingly, both happened during the first commercial break of the shows in question (Tiger & Bunny on Friday and Blue Exorcist on Saturday) so I didn't miss too much. So it's still not totally fixed, though it looks like I'm doing better than Demonshalo.

That said, Demonshalo, your problem sounds like something I had a problem with the first week and just in case it could be that, let me ask you something. Does your password contain any special characters? My original one did and it wouldn't let me log in - it kept saying I was having "technical difficulties." Once I fixed it, it started to work. You might want to double check to see if that's part of the issue here.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
Well the knocking on wood didn't work for me. Two freezes this weekend, with one that flat out re-booted my computer Mad . Interestingly, both happened during the first commercial break of the shows in question (Tiger & Bunny on Friday and Blue Exorcist on Saturday) so I didn't miss too much. So it's still not totally fixed, though it looks like I'm doing better than Demonshalo.

That said, Demonshalo, your problem sounds like something I had a problem with the first week and just in case it could be that, let me ask you something. Does your password contain any special characters? My original one did and it wouldn't let me log in - it kept saying I was having "technical difficulties." Once I fixed it, it started to work. You might want to double check to see if that's part of the issue here.

Nope letters and numbers only. That was the first thing they had me do.
So let's see changed password.....Check
Got a refresher course for dummies on how to close a app......Check
Deleted and reinstalled app.......Check
Sigh... If it only worked it would be priceless. Sad
What kills me is it worked great for I think 3 weeks. Then one Saturday during Blue exorcist had bad freezing issues. Then next day the technical difficulties screen came up and that's all I get.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Hey Demonshalo,

Just sent you a PM. Go ahead and email me at [email protected] and let's see what we can do.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
Hey Demonshalo,

Just sent you a PM. Go ahead and email me at [email protected] and let's see what we can do.

I already went through neon alley support ticket 1233
like I said in the previous post they had me change my password
told me how to close the app duh
and to reinstall. when all that failed they said to wait until the patch was done that's suppose to be released sometime in december and maybe that would fix the problem.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't complain. For the last few weeks now, I haven't had a single freeze or skip. A few drops in video quality, but not as bad as before. And the audio never goes all "RealPlayer" anymore.

It's been nice. Cool

Then again, I tend to watch only a select few shows, and usually on their second airing instead of during prime time. I also have developed a habit of turning off the Wi-fi on my phone and not downloading any files on my PC while I watch, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay I was thinking about the password thing you said so just for kicks went and changed my password again all letters this time and while I was at it did another reinstall. EPIC FAIL...... Still nothing.[/b]
publicenemy333
He started itHe started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
It usually works decently for me

Just now tho, watchin tiger and bunny, it was almost unwatchable at parts. It would freeze for a full minute, and skipped about a minute after that. there was even parts that skipped so bad, it practically rewinded the episode a half minute

Is there a way I can improve this? Is it the app itself? Maybe can we put some kinda refresh button?
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
hmm we just updated our stream outputs this past Tuesday, so you should have gotten it by now. I'll let the team know. I know I have a hard time when my roommates are playing Halo in the other room.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to report it was smooth sailing for me this evening. No skips, jumps, or freezing! Of course, I only watched for an hour but this is the best it's been in a while. Very Happy
venture2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone:
Long time listener, first time caller. Err.. I mean long time viewer first time poster. I have been experiencing chronic freezing and skipping issues while using the Neon Alley app on my Playstation 3 as well. Last week I troubleshot the issue and found out its cause. I thought I would share my findings.

My Playstation is located in my indoor gameroom in the basement of my house. It communicates with the router in the living room on the first floor. Since subscribing to Neon Alley after the Verizon incident of 2012 (damn you FiOS)- I have been experiencing the freezing and skipping issues right from the start.

The reason I discovered is that I have a wireless deadzone in my basement. For whatever the reason my upstream and downstream speeds are considerably less than a wired Ethernet connection. Even an Ethernet bridge didn’t help. The only thing that did, was a direct Ethernet connection into my router and playstation. So I ran 100 ft. of Ethernet cable through my walls between my basement, garage and living room. The problem was resolved.

For those out there experiencing the same problem, I would suggest changing the platstation’s internet connection from wireless to wired and directly connecting it to your router (even if on another floor) to see of the problem clears. I hope this helps.
LittleB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Anyone else have freezing issues with episode 12 of Nura?First time i've had this issue with the service.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
LittleB wrote:
Anyone else have freezing issues with episode 12 of Nura?First time i've had this issue with the service.

This doesn't seem to have been a app freezing issue alone (at least in my case) but a screw up on the master tape. While I did have some actual freezing/lag & catch up (the new issues? I think this may be the "fix" for the original and I can live with it, since I don't have to re-boot the channel) on the first run of the show Saturday, the exact same thing happened the second run! I did manage to catch the parts of the episode that got clobbered during the freeze/catch up stuff but the end of the episode, at the end credits, look to me to be a master tape issue. The episode didn't go into end credits but went back to the last commercial break and then just ended a few minutes into that!! I'm hoping it'll be fixed tonight when the episode re-shows during the marathon but if not, could someone fix this please?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4