• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Btooom! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Sakamoto is a weak protagonist, but now he's becoming a stupid one. At first, I viewed Himiko as just fan service, but she is the brains of the operation now. To completely dismiss the instincts of someone you trust and then fully trust someone you just met, on an island in which everyone is trying to kill you, is just plain stupid.

I'm surprised Sakamoto didn't justify Date throwing a bomb near her, instead of essentially ignoring her.

NOW?!

He was dumb from the start...
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
@drdr48 He's been naive the entire time (e.g. struggles with the killing people even when they are trying to kill him), but now he's gone very stupid.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
you would think he would learn after what Oda did.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
you would think he would learn after what Oda did.

I think there was a good reason why that flashback happened right before that scene, and then we hear the words Oda said to him just as Date is in the process of Doing Something Bad.

I think Sakamoto *did* learn, but as usual the series leaves the matter on a cliffhanger.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
I was actually referring to Sakamoto being too damn trusting after Oda NTR'd him when he opened up to the guy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote
Trust him, he's a doctor.

And we always know that doctors that are locked in a game filled with human scum are always the most trustworthy. pic
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Something I noticed: spoiler[This whole time, I've thought the crazy guy that is running the tournament for the bigwigs hated Sakamoto. However, it looked clear enough that he's actually rooting for him, while one of the other guys in the room seems to be either rooting against him or for Oda in general.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Something I noticed: spoiler[This whole time, I've thought the crazy guy that is running the tournament for the bigwigs hated Sakamoto. However, it looked clear enough that he's actually rooting for him, while one of the other guys in the room seems to be either rooting against him or for Oda in general.]

There are various possible reasons for this. First of all, he and Sakamoto know one another personally. Secondly, he probably sees Sakamoto as a great (though unintended) model for the game -- that is, by showing Sakamoto doing what he does, it improves the sellability of the game. Dead Sakamoto would be him losing a useful asset.

Of course, he could simply have completely seperated various feelings from each other (as insane people sometimes do), and thus could on one hand view Sakamoto as a useful chip in the game, but at the very same time like Sakamoto as a person and want him to succeed. Hard to say for sure, but yes, I did notice that as well.

Also, I think that the other techs were just cheering the (perceived) winner, like watching a sports game and you see someone land a viscious hit on another guy: if you have no vested interest in either team (and maybe even if you do) you might cheer such a hit. There's no need for deeper reasons, IMO.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Eeepisode 11

Well, we can always rely on good old fashioned spoiler[anime boob physics] to deliver. The only thing missing would be spoiler[if the cracker was active but didn't detonate thanks to the cushioning].

And there's nothing like hearing the plan you already had discussed to spoiler[surprise you so much you forget you're naked.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
ep.11
spoiler[
so after seem ryouta goes boom with bad doctor now ready to boom himiko oh the one arm nurse want payback give nurse go all in for it til seem she fall down from boom.

bad doctor toss to boom himiko but 2 reasons she got doobi plot armor reflect the bomb & yea no boom cause ryouta still alive cue bad doctor is screwed.

so chase is on another boom try but failed cause hit bad doctor look like bad end come one are nurse want payback but can't swing the trigger.

after himiko bath still going plan get 8 chips & hi-jack the chopper for freedom with all look fine til homer bomb?
]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
The only thing missing would be spoiler[if the cracker was active but didn't detonate thanks to the cushioning].

I thought that's how it was going to be until I learned it was Ryouta's. The sound she made made it hilarious though.

Yttrbio wrote:
And there's nothing like hearing the plan you already had discussed to spoiler[surprise you so much you forget you're naked.]

And it's his fault, of course.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
^ But totally worth it for the view. Razz

The next episode will be the last, eh? I guess it's to be expected since the manga doesn't continue past this point, I think.

This has been a pretty fun series so far. I think it's done a great job of staying within itself. It didn't try to do too much and didn't let itself get sidetracked needlessly.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
this anime would be better if there is little or no back stories. it should be just mindless killing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I knew from when he was about to spoiler[throw it that we would get a scene of it harmlessly bouncing off her boobs becaus Sakamoto obviously was not dead]. Didn't expect that sound effect though. I was also pleasently surprised that Sakamoto spoiler[thought ahead by changing the bomb's position, so it was not that Sakmoto was being lead into a trap, but Date.] Nice use of the rewinding in this episode for what had happened earlier.

Sospoiler[ lady one arm woosed out of killing the dude because she still in love with him]. The guy is human trash that can not be trusted, the least they could do would be to take his chip so he can not win the game. Leaving him unharmed is a danger to those around them.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
By the way, is it just me, or is the music sometimes doing its best Yoko Kanno impression?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 19